Ring terminal difference?

From what I've read, gold is a slightly better conductor, BUT in order to plate it in gold, they first have to plate it in chrome. Now you would think that the chrome is better since it only has one layer. This somewhat true, but remember gold is very malleable so it can fill all the microscopic gaps. So basically they'll be just about equal in conductivity. So just go with whatever looks better to you.

microscopic? no.

they are both made out of brass. the plating is just for looks for the most part. connectors are gold plated because gold wont corrode. its not to make a lower resistance connection, i dont care what their marketing team tell you.

Just did some research and I guess you're right, it doesn't help to fill the gaps. I don't know where I heard that, but I've been believing that for years now lol.

And I'm pretty sure they're made out of copper on the inside, I've ground one down with a dremel before (the chrome version). Plus why would they use brass when it's a worse conductor than even aluminum?

umm...

• 5/16 inch ring opening
  • 24K gold plated finish for maximum power transfer
  • 100 percent solid brass construction
  • 5 black boots and 5 red boots
  • Genuine Stinger quality

and to answer your question, it's cheaper.

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

umm...

• 5/16 inch ring opening

Didn't even notice that. However, I contacted stinger about this, and they said they used to be solid brass, but they changed to copper for "ease of crimping." So either darvex doesn't know about this or they haven't updated it yet. And like I said I grinded one down, and it looked like copper to me. I'm not an idiot lol.

umm...

• 5/16 inch ring opening

Didn't even notice that. However, I contacted stinger about this, and they said they used to be solid brass, but they changed to copper for "ease of crimping." So either darvex doesn't know about this or they haven't updated it yet. And like I said I grinded one down, and it looked like copper to me. I'm not an idiot lol.

interesting... stinger is a company I dont personally trust. everything ive gotten from them has either been shit, or a rebadged item thats been marked up %200. I'll never forget the "stinger fans" i bought where the labels slowly fell off to show the real label underneath. but when it comes to ring terminals, I just buy a few of whatever the site has that im buying other product from. im sure i have several stinger terminals in use so im glad to hear they are supposed to be copper.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

interesting... stinger is a company I dont personally trust. everything ive gotten from them has either been shit, or a rebadged item thats been marked up %200. I'll never forget the "stinger fans" i bought where the labels slowly fell off to show the real label underneath. but when it comes to ring terminals, I just buy a few of whatever the site has that im buying other product from. im sure i have several stinger terminals in use so im glad to hear they are supposed to be copper.

Haha shit I didn't even know that about them. The terminals are the only thing I've bought from them. But I was planning on buying a stinger fuse holder. Perhaps I'll go a different route.

Haha shit I didn't even know that about them. The terminals are the only thing I've bought from them. But I was planning on buying a stinger fuse holder. Perhaps I'll go a different route.

ya man, look at darvex.com. you can see 3 different brands "making" the exact same product.

http://www.darvex.com/store/pc/Bullz-Audio-Pro-Inline-ANL-Fuse-Holder-28p482.htm

http://www.darvex.com/store/pc/Stinger-Inline-ANL-0-Gauge-Fuse-Holder-28p354.htm