Sonic Electronix

the "what would you do with $2600 for audio equipment thread"

I have a 2002 sentra and I can fit an s3400 under the hood. Its a pretty big batt....

And Why do u need a touch screen radio? I know they are nice but you can save like 100 bucks to use towards a sub amp or something... just a suggestion.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

This is just me, but I wouldn't buy my friend used stuff. You sure you really need to spend that kind of coin on an alternator for that size system?

well, ive had tons of great luck buying used equipment. havent been ripped off yet. and what kind of an alternator and how much would pay for it if you were running 4000 watts rms?

And im also leaving him some room to upgrade if he wants to in the future!

Good call on the future-proofing.

So if the used equipment goes tits up you're gonna spring for replacements? Just playing devil's advocate here. I know that if I was paying someone to install a system in my car, I wouldn't want used parts. Also, if I paid someone to install a system in my car and an amp went bad, then I'd expect them to replace it. Are you prepared to do that?

"Cheap, good or fast. You can only pick two out of three."

"Have money? Love story! No money? I'm sorry."

This is just me, but I wouldn't buy my friend used stuff. You sure you really need to spend that kind of coin on an alternator for that size system?

well, ive had tons of great luck buying used equipment. havent been ripped off yet. and what kind of an alternator and how much would pay for it if you were running 4000 watts rms?

So if the used equipment goes tits up you're gonna spring for replacements? Just playing devil's advocate here. I know that if I was paying someone to install a system in my car, I wouldn't want used parts. Also, if I paid someone to install a system in my car and an amp went bad, then I'd expect them to replace it. Are you prepared to do that?

well, we have discussed the options on buying used equipment already, and its assumed that with the money that he is saving, there is the risk of something failing. turns out that after the last couple days of buying all kinds of stuff, i actually was able to get basically everything i want for that budget.

brand new fi sp4 fully loaded 15

2 brand new shrukien bt-60 batteries

used pioneer 3200dvd

brand new singer 240 amp alternator with overdrive pulley

brand new re audio mids and highs for front door and rear deck

used 4 channel amplifier

50 ft of 1/0 gauge from knukonceptz

40 ft of 8 gauge from knukoncepts

14 ft of 9 conductor wire

2 sheets of mdf

plexiglass window(s)

blue leds

all connections and terminals and fuseblocks are new

solder

carpet

wood glue

screws

bulk pack 36 sq ft of stinger sound deadening

used crunch gp3000 pro amp

so everything is on the way here now. build log coming soon!

well, we have discussed the options on buying used equipment already, and its assumed that with the money that he is saving, there is the risk of something failing. turns out that after the last couple days of buying all kinds of stuff, i actually was able to get basically everything i want for that budget.

used pioneer 3200dvd

used 4 channel amplifier

2 sheets of mdf

plexiglass window(s)

blue leds

solder

carpet

wood glue

screws

Again I would reconsider the rear deck option, not only is it a bitch to get to...it's a bitch to get to plus again the rear doors have the housing for 6.5" speakers all you need to buy is a mounting ring and you're set the hole and the door grill is already there.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

used pioneer 3200dvd

used 4 channel amplifier

2 sheets of mdf

plexiglass window(s)

blue leds

solder

carpet

wood glue

screws

Again I would reconsider the rear deck option, not only is it a bitch to get to...it's a bitch to get to plus again the rear doors have the housing for 6.5" speakers all you need to buy is a mounting ring and you're set the hole and the door grill is already there.

idk what you mean bro, there are already speakers in the rear deck.

and instead of actual speaker hole and grille, its just a little cubbie in the rear doors.

used pioneer 3200dvd

used 4 channel amplifier

2 sheets of mdf

plexiglass window(s)

blue leds

solder

carpet

wood glue

screws

idk what you mean bro, there are already speakers in the rear deck.

and instead of actual speaker hole and grille, its just a little cubbie in the rear doors.

Yeah I am aware of the by 9's in the rear deck but they are a PITA to get to (atleast they were on the 07 Altima I did for a friend), we decided to instead use the rear door for a second set of comps. The hole is there and all you need is a depth extender like this http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_39170_Xscorpion-SP-DE65.html to get the 6.5's to mount in the rear doors. I just figure I give you a little hint hint to make life easier, at the end of the day it's up to you to decide placement :good:

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Yeah I am aware of the by 9's in the rear deck but they are a PITA to get to (atleast they were on the 07 Altima I did for a friend), we decided to instead use the rear door for a second set of comps. The hole is there and all you need is a depth extender like this http://www.sonicelec...on-SP-DE65.html to get the 6.5's to mount in the rear doors. I just figure I give you a little hint hint to make life easier, at the end of the day it's up to you to decide placement :good:

right, but ive got to basically tear the car apart do sound deadener on everything-especially the rear deck, so it wont be so bad. i appreciate the thought and advice though