Power Acoustik 5500 gothic series

Robby Holmes

Thats because that amp is 5500 watts peek..... that amps at 1ohm is only rated at 3200 watts rms

peak means nothing. and this amp is overrated. you'd be super lucky to get like 1800w out of it, as has been discussed before

i don't understand why people say peak rating means nothing.. in the case of a sine wave it is double the rms wattage so it goes mean something.. and the rms rating is derived from the peak rating

because its a made up number. ever notice how 99.999% of amps' peak power is exactly twice the number of the given rms figure? once you go past the effective output of the amplifier, the sine wave flattens out. aka clipping, which is the #1 destroyer of all speakers.

it is meant to be exactly double, if you have a 10000w peak amp that puts out 100Volts peak and 100amps peak, rms = (100v /1.4142) + (100A /1.4142) =5000w

1.4142 is the square root of 2

rms wattage is the DC equivalent so technically it is made up

My System (in VW golf/Rabbit mk2)

(1) Hifonics Brutus 2010D @ 1ohm

(1) Hifonics Zeus 440 Mids'nhighs

(3) JBL W10Gti subs

(2) JBL GTO838

(2) JBL GTO936

(1) run of 3/0 Gauge ofc

(1) Ac Delco120ah 850cca battery (front)

(1) Ac Delco 45ah 330cca battery (rear)

(1)Sony Gt630ui hu

34hz tuning

img2422kv.jpg

go clamp an amp and see if you'll ever reach the "peak" number.

not calling you a noob, but i wont believe this until a veteran steps in and agrees with you.

not calling you a noob, but i wont believe this until a veteran steps in and agrees with you.

thats because voltmeters read rms values... you dont need to be a veteran to understand this.. its called physics

(3) JBL W10Gti subs

(2) JBL GTO838

(2) JBL GTO936

(1) run of 3/0 Gauge ofc

(1)Sony Gt630ui hu

34hz tuning

img2422kv.jpg

thats because voltmeters read rms values... you dont need to be a veteran to understand this.. its called physics

you dont just use a volt meter for clamping an amp. and there are rms and non-rms meters out there (last i checked).

edit: but once you get 5500w from an amp with 4 40 amp fuses, call me.

andrew018018's math and physics are correct. Technically that is the peak power output from an amp. Peak current multiplied by peak voltage assuming they are in phase with each other bla bla bla... The problem is in the real world these numbers mean nothing to car audio so it still is pointless to calculate or look at and that is why people say to ignore it

edit: the power acoustic amp is still poo however, not arguing that point

Team NorthWestSPL

you dont just use a volt meter for clamping an amp. and there are rms and non-rms meters out there (last i checked).

if you can get 5500w from an amp with 4 40 amp fuses, at 14.4v you shouldnt call kranny, you should get new testing equipment because it is reading incorrectly

these orphans aren't going to feast on themselves

if you can get 5500w from an amp with 4 40 amp fuses, at 14.4v you shouldnt call kranny, you should get new testing equipment because it is reading incorrectly

if you read properly i never said anything about getting 5500w from that amp, and i didnt even mention it in my comments, if you get 5500 watts from that amp you can cut my balls off and feed them to me...

(3) JBL W10Gti subs

(2) JBL GTO838

(2) JBL GTO936

(1) run of 3/0 Gauge ofc

(1)Sony Gt630ui hu

34hz tuning

img2422kv.jpg

Archived