Sundown Audio

Crescendo Audio BC2000D DOES IT DO RATED?

8MileRoad

I'm putting a BC2000D on two level 3 DCs...it's going to over power them, but I know the amp will be able to take a .5 Ohm load.

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

i just ordered a crescendo bc2000d on tuesday and it will be at my house on friday. it will be powering 2 12" cvx at 1 ohm at 15.5 volts. The guy said it should put out around 2500 at that voltage. i'm very anxious to hook it up. i'll let you know.

i just ordered a crescendo bc2000d on tuesday and it will be at my house on friday. it will be powering 2 12" cvx at 1 ohm at 15.5 volts. The guy said it should put out around 2500 at that voltage. i'm very anxious to hook it up. i'll let you know.

What electrical do you have that you think your gunna have a stable 15.5?

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

Be ready to buy new subs soon then :drink40:

The spot with least resistance LOL.

I would ground to a rubber dildo if it had less resistance than a run of 4/0 wiring.

how many poeple work there 3 or 4 lol

At crescendo HQ? probably 2-3

At the sweatshop in china? 30,000 children

No Engine

What electrical do you have that you think your gunna have a stable 15.5?

Hey all, I just hooked the amp up yesterday evening but haven't had a chance to pound it because my 10 month old daughter was in the car. I took a electrical reading and it's running a stable 14.6 volts. I think the Crescendo guy said at 14.4 it's rated at 2250rms @ 1 ohm. The CVX are 1500rms max so I figured they could handle this amp. I had a PPI PC21400 beating them at 1400 rms x 1 @ 4 ohms and they could take a lot more. Do you all really think the amp will blow them?

I have big 3 upgrade all with 1/0 cable and 1/0 cable going to amp power and ground. Doing the big 3 helped tremendously. I still have stock battery and stock alternator which is 140 amps.

Umm that alternator is going to die. Lol. you're sucking up 157.5 amps at 2250rms...alone. Not to mention your car electrical will pull around 60-90amps from that alternator..

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

Umm that alternator is going to die. Lol. you're sucking up 157.5 amps at 2250rms...alone. Not to mention your car electrical will pull around 60-90amps from that alternator..

lol nice. what brand and amp alternator should i look into? my car (2008 impala) has a feature to where it will go into battery saver mode if it's over charging. so if i upgrade to a high amp alternator how can i get around this? should i get another battery too?

i forgot about this thread....

Hello, I just got my Crescendo BC2000d amp and hooked it up to my Kicker CVX dual 4 ohm voice coils. I think I have it at 1 ohm but I'm not sure. I had a PPI PC21400 that seemed to play them louder at 4 ohms. Here is what I have done:

On the subs I have a wire going from positive to positive and negative to negative on both speakers. It's looks like an X on the back of the speakers magnet. From the amp, it had 4 terminals but I am only using two, a neg. and pos. I ran the negative wire from the amp to the negative terminal on the first speaker as well as the positive. Then I just took two wires and ran them from the positive on the first speaker terminal to the positive on the second speaker terminal. same with the negative. this should be parallel wiring right? 1 ohm?

Then I took a multimeter to set the gain. i am running 14.8 stable but I used 2250 X 1ohm and took the square root. so I got 47.4 volts. I set the amp to this but the bass boost terminal says its clipping at this setting. I'm totally confused. I thought it would be waaaay louder. I'm thinking I did something wrong. Can anyone please help me? One guy said that amp should kill those CVX's and they weren't flexing like that :(

Thanks

Archived