Sundown Audio

Crescendo Audio BC2000D DOES IT DO RATED?

8MileRoad

i forgot about this thread....

Hello, I just got my Crescendo BC2000d amp and hooked it up to my Kicker CVX dual 4 ohm voice coils. I think I have it at 1 ohm but I'm not sure. I had a PPI PC21400 that seemed to play them louder at 4 ohms. Here is what I have done:

On the subs I have a wire going from positive to positive and negative to negative on both speakers. It's looks like an X on the back of the speakers magnet. From the amp, it had 4 terminals but I am only using two, a neg. and pos. I ran the negative wire from the amp to the negative terminal on the first speaker as well as the positive. Then I just took two wires and ran them from the positive on the first speaker terminal to the positive on the second speaker terminal. same with the negative. this should be parallel wiring right? 1 ohm?

Then I took a multimeter to set the gain. i am running 14.8 stable but I used 2250 X 1ohm and took the square root. so I got 47.4 volts. I set the amp to this but the bass boost terminal says its clipping at this setting. I'm totally confused. I thought it would be waaaay louder. I'm thinking I did something wrong. Can anyone please help me? One guy said that amp should kill those CVX's and they weren't flexing like that :(

Thanks

Wait, if you have a DMM why not set it to read resistance and see what your final ohm load is?

2008 Chevrolet ColoradoPioneer DEH-X9500BHSSundown SAX1200dFi Q12 loaded

Boston Acoustics GT-275 on: Pioneer TS-D1720cKinetic HC1200 XS power XP750

i forgot about this thread....

Hello, I just got my Crescendo BC2000d amp and hooked it up to my Kicker CVX dual 4 ohm voice coils. I think I have it at 1 ohm but I'm not sure. I had a PPI PC21400 that seemed to play them louder at 4 ohms. Here is what I have done:

On the subs I have a wire going from positive to positive and negative to negative on both speakers. It's looks like an X on the back of the speakers magnet. From the amp, it had 4 terminals but I am only using two, a neg. and pos. I ran the negative wire from the amp to the negative terminal on the first speaker as well as the positive. Then I just took two wires and ran them from the positive on the first speaker terminal to the positive on the second speaker terminal. same with the negative. this should be parallel wiring right? 1 ohm?

Then I took a multimeter to set the gain. i am running 14.8 stable but I used 2250 X 1ohm and took the square root. so I got 47.4 volts. I set the amp to this but the bass boost terminal says its clipping at this setting. I'm totally confused. I thought it would be waaaay louder. I'm thinking I did something wrong. Can anyone please help me? One guy said that amp should kill those CVX's and they weren't flexing like that :(

Thanks

Wait, if you have a DMM why not set it to read resistance and see what your final ohm load is?

ok, how do i do that? i think i tried. i set it to the ohm setting, i think it was 20 ohms. I put it on the speaker terminals and it was reading - 10.2. i have no clue. i need some help man.

Put your multimeter to Ω (ohms), and stick one probe on the postive lead, and the other on the negative lead, what does it read?

2008 Chevrolet ColoradoPioneer DEH-X9500BHSSundown SAX1200dFi Q12 loaded

Boston Acoustics GT-275 on: Pioneer TS-D1720cKinetic HC1200 XS power XP750

Put your multimeter to Ω (ohms), and stick one probe on the postive lead, and the other on the negative lead, what does it read?

Ok, I tested before with the music playing. With car off and amps off, putting the MM leads on the speaker wires, I get a reading of exactly 1.0. so they are at 1 ohm. I wonder why it's not as loud as it should be? There is a phase setting on the amp, what should this be set at?

• 1 year later...

never mix subs like that. It lease to cancellation and will sound horrible.

2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk

Sky High OFC Wiring

DC Power 270 XP Alt

AQ 2200 Sub Amp

Two DC Level 4 m2 12s

80 Mil Murdetmat

Gathering Parts For Wall Build.

Team DC Audio 2014 Member

Archived