Started this build not so long a go so thought i would start to share the build log,so most is copy and paste. i do hope you like my new build.

Well it’s that time of year for me to start building something fresh for the new season and as always I’m going to try and build only once for the year. Just want to say thank you to Marcos for building me a table top so I can use my circular saw as a table saw, with some help from a friend this afternoon I ripped down full 8x4 sheets and all where inch perfect so 5 very large pieces cut next step will be to glue screw then fix Arris rails to the panels, so I can do all my dry fit in my front room got some very good sheeting that I can only use in doors so no mess will be made in my slash mock up suit no cutting rasping sanding allowed . Big thanks to (Paul Kieran Henry Marcos Jason_D Richard I’m finally going real big ) cause they let me ask all the questions I didn’t understand correctly and the new things that I found I understood better. I was given lots of really good ideas which I drew out plus was given a few pics from the chaps to get what they meant across, but I needed to build, no wanted to build something different and I think I have found that. I will be sorting a full build log as soon as we change to better daylight hours, shell size around 40cft. Won’t say just yet what I’m building but those that know seem to think it should do quite well.

This is what I did earlier sunday, Well after a f***ing late night and very late morning of work, I then struggled to get out of bed but did so around 2.30 ish. then set up my saw table or rather my circular saw which I had Marcos fit my original saw to a mdf sheet which I brought up to him at Wolverhampton so I could have my own DIY table saw 8” he even made some guide rails for me and a table sled, I used it the other day and cut quite a few 8x4 sheets with some help. But this afternoon I thought I would add my 10” circular saw to the table top and it’s so much better, thanks to Marcos as I had been bugging him for some time about a DIY saw table that I had seen on line.so after fitting the bigger saw I then cut around 22 pieces of mdf all so square and true what a lovely feeling brap brap, I hope to cut out all my mounting circles and cut down to correct size my Arris rails sometime Monday afternoon then throughout the week I will cut the last 2 pieces for dry fitting then over the next few weeks I should be able to do a full dry fit of all inner and outer panels. Will update with more pictures as I get more done.

1.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

4.jpg

8.jpg

those are the people i always speak to even if don't need their help. I speak with these a lot of the time not only around build time, so thought i would give them a shout because most of them i have spoken to about lots of different ideas i have had. But i have gone and come up with something different to what they had suggested or what we had talked about and it has been given a twist by me.

No Marcos I will not be doing any cutting rasping sanding in that room I will have sheeting down so I do not get any dust anywhere drilling a few mock up holes shouldn’t I hope be too bad.

Hoping this build will satisfy me for a while. Well I have 16 x 12” subs to play with but alas I won’t be using them all I just don’t have the amp power, unless I can find 2 very good amps cheap that will play .5 ohms all day every day then it’s a no go. Or if I can find 3 amps cheap I may do something else I have on paper. I hope this New ML build comes up to everyone’s liking I have managed to get down on paper, and drawn on some wood the rough layouts of up to 3 different designs. The pieces I have cut already are ok they are just the shell pieces, each design should get my bass juices going once I start to build properly I just need the daylight hours to come early for me lol. I’m hoping to start the cutting of 9-11 pieces this weekend then over the next week and weekends get the last big pieces cut which are around the same sizes but different size wood. Then I can do my dry fit whilst waiting for the better daylight hours so I can start stripping my ML of all its stuff and as always my boot end will be fully stripped and re-built ,I’m thinking about doing a new door build and have got some florist foam which I can cut sand rasp whatever to it to find the correct shape just not sure if I want to go for a 10” in each door or 8” in each door I can fit either one just not sure if I can do the 10” build justice. I could pay someone but every time I ask someone or think about asking I come back to you can do it yourself just take your time and try, so I may just do that but they will be the last things ready

23.jpg

7-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

20-1.jpg

50.jpg

51.jpg

52.jpg

that looks very cool

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1