Second Skin Audio

A wall question for the experts

I would put sealed on the table. If I had some serious gear to play with I would try and maximize the potential for each by going four ported. With those Dayton's, I would use the price point to my advantage and go with six sealed in the clam. Just make the wall as big as possible without creating any dead space using the trunk.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

I would put sealed on the table. If I had some serious gear to play with I would try and maximize the potential for each by going four ported. With those Dayton's, I would use the price point to my advantage and go with six sealed in the clam. Just make the wall as big as possible without creating any dead space using the trunk.

-Drew

You have me fired up again about it. I definitely would like to try it. My above comment was me using home audio ideas and applying it to car audio. WRONG lol I can see why you laughed. A cars internal space is much easier to excite than a large room in a house. Lower freq. would be easier to achieve despite a smaller enclosure. Cone area would help with that as well.. Does that mean I could build it to 24 cu and still play to the Fs 25hz?

Edited by TheScottishBear

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Audio is a bitch of a game.

BUT. With six 18s walled in a car (even sealed) you could play damn near anything you want at their RMS rating and it will hit. It won't play into the low 20s like a blowthru and it won't peak at 40hz like a ported box and it won't be perfectly fat 25-80 but it will play damn near whatever you throw at it.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:

Audio is a bitch of a game.

BUT. With six 18s walled in a car (even sealed) you could play damn near anything you want at their RMS rating and it will hit. It won't play into the low 20s like a blowthru and it won't peak at 40hz like a ported box and it won't be perfectly fat 25-80 but it will play damn near whatever you throw at it.

-Drew

Thx Drew. I am going to try it. Inverting the subs should give me any extra space I think I'll need and it has the added benefit of looking cooler. lulz

Edited by TheScottishBear

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Go for it! worst case you rip off the baffle and do four 18s ported.

Nobody will know exactly what it will sound like until its built, but If I could fit that in my car I sure as hell would put in the time and effort to see what it ends up like.

-Drew

**as you can see in my picture, i have like 50" across haha TINY car.

Edited by Noobtastic14

uhoh_45 said:

Scottish, if you need any building/tuning help just pm me, if you don't have my number. I don't remember if we exchanged. School is ending here pretty soon so I'll have some free time on my hands.

Edited by Kranny

Scottish, if you need any building/tuning help just pm me, if you don't have my number. I don't remember if we exchanged. School is ending here pretty soon so I'll have some free time on my hands.

It may be a month or two for me to get the funds together to start but I will definitely take you up on that. I'll pm you my no.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle