Sundown Audio

Crescendo Audio BC2000d Kicker Wiring Help Please

tvcincy

Hello, I just got my Crescendo BC2000d amp and hooked it up to my Kicker CVX dual 4 ohm voice coils. I think I have it at 1 ohm but I'm not sure. I had a PPI PC21400 that seemed to play them louder at 4 ohms. Here is what I have done:

On the subs I have a wire going from positive to positive and negative to negative on both speakers. It's looks like an X on the back of the speakers magnet. From the amp, it had 4 terminals but I am only using two, a neg. and pos. I ran the negative wire from the amp to the negative terminal on the first speaker as well as the positive. Then I just took two wires and ran them from the positive on the first speaker terminal to the positive on the second speaker terminal. same with the negative. this should be parallel wiring right? 1 ohm?

Then I took a multimeter to set the gain. i am running 14.8 stable but I used 2250 X 1ohm and took the square root. so I got 47.4 volts. I set the amp to this but the bass boost terminal says its clipping at this setting. I'm totally confused. I thought it would be waaaay louder. I'm thinking I did something wrong. Can anyone please help me? One guy said that amp should kill those CVX's and they weren't flexing like that :(

Thanks

if its 1 sub and is dual 4 like you say, then its wired to 2 ohms. which will give you about 1100 watts at most

do you have 2 cvxs that you are trying to hook up together? or is it just one?

Edited by sps1989

if its 1 sub and is dual 4 like you say, then its wired to 2 ohms. which will give you about 1100 watts at most

do you have 2 cvxs that you are trying to hook up together? or is it just one?

sorry, i have two 12"'s . dual 4 ohms voice coil.

2_4ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif Like this.

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

it should be plenty for the subs. how did you set the voltage on the amp? test tone without speakers attached?

yes, i used a cd quality test tone at 40htz -5db. Turned hu up to 30/40 and then set gain. i set to 48 volts but it reads it's clipping like crazy. i had to turn down to 38 volts. if i have them wired correctly at 1 ohm, that's roughly 1500 watts. i don't know whats going on man

what are the EQ settings at the HU set to? are you using bass boost? what are your filters set to on the amp?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

which head unit do you have? may try to turn the volume down some and try again. and are you using 1/0 wire?

what are the EQ settings at the HU set to? are you using bass boost? what are your filters set to on the amp?

i have a pioneer avh-p3400bh. i have 1/0 wire for my big 3 but unfortunately i have cheap dB link 4 gauge wire going to the new Crescendo. it doesn't even look copper. i just ordered some 1/0 welding cable i'm going to run instead. do you think that is the problem?

i have the bass boost set about half way when i was setting the voltage. head unit has equalizer and the lower frequencies are at like +2 db. Have the LPF to about 125htz. subsonic i didn't touch and phase setting i didn't touch.

i just took an ohm reading and i do have them wired at 1 ohm. the multimeter read exatcly 1. so that narrows problem down.