Alright, well my first system got stolen about a year ago. Despite the advice given to me here, I used the cheapest equipment available, and had the box built in a way that made no sense, so I can't say I miss it that much. But I've learned a lot since then, and finally decided to start buying shit to put a system together. So here it is.

Equipment list thus far:

-94 Chevy Suburban

-Alpine MRP-M500

-Skar IVX-15

-Cadence 4 gauge power and ground wire

-Shok RCAs

-PAC LC-1

-Cheap Dual head unit

-Polk db461P 4x6 plates (in the dash)

-Knu Fleks 1/0 for big three

FinalDesign.png

Here's the final design. (haven't built it yet so I suppose it is subject to change if I need to)

IMG_1922.jpg

The goods.

IMG_1938.jpg

Got my sticker stick'd. Gotta represent where I learned it all.

And the suburban it's going in. Something to note here: Recently took off the chrome pieces around the wheel arches. COMPLETELY changed the look of the car, for the better of course.

IMG_1979.jpg

I'm SERIOUSLY impressed by the quality of this sub for only 100 bucks. Thanks Skar :good:

IMG_1975.jpg

This pic doesn't really show much, but I thought it looked neat. :good: Haha, I love my sister's camera.

IMG_1937.jpg

Amp installed under the middle row seat, mounted on a spare piece of broken furniture for now lol. That carpet is long overdue for a cleaning.

IMG_1936.jpg

Got this amp on CACO. It's in pretty damn good condition, just need to clean it up a bit and get the end caps.

That's where it sits now. Like I said, I'm on a pretty tight budget. I'll get more pics up next week, but box build probably won't be for another few weeks.

Edited by LZTYBRN

You need tint and an alarm lol. Don't get ur shit jacked I just bought a Clifford 520.4, damn nice alarm

Well, I probably should get that, but I just moved to pretty much the middle of nowhere. So for someone to steal my stuff this time, they'd have to have the balls to come all the way up to my property, hop or cut the fence, break into my car which I park right by my bedroom window, and find a way to get it all out, all without making any noise. It's quiet as a bitch out here, and the slightest noise will wake you up. I'm not saying it can't happen, just unlikely.

lol make sure when you screw your amp down its strait and not crooked haha and nice build so far. though you def dont need the bracing in that box, and that lower right big angle is a little unnecessary, you could prob just do one in each corner like you did in the back left. anyways i like the build. to me its not a budget build. its an average person with a real like and real money build lol. good choice in stuff.

So far so good, is the amp 2-ohm stable and 500wrms @ 2-ohms? If so then I'm going for a very similar setup, except I'm using a Kicker amp and the Skar VVX-12 D4 sub. Let me us know how it sounds.

lol make sure when you screw your amp down its strait and not crooked haha and nice build so far. though you def dont need the bracing in that box, and that lower right big angle is a little unnecessary, you could prob just do one in each corner like you did in the back left. anyways i like the build. to me its not a budget build. its an average person with a real like and real money build lol. good choice in stuff.

Thanks man. :good: And actually the amp is already screwed down in that pic lol, I just did it temporarily on that piece. I got some mdf left that I'm gonna use to set the amp up a couple different ways and see what I like best, then I'll make it look much nicer.

And I already built it with the bracing, and actually, after I screwed them in, I could tell it was quite a bit more solid. So maybe unnecessary, but only cost a few bucks and probably helped at least a little. But I didn't include the big 45 on the bottom. Cutting the 45s was somewhat of a pita (my only tool is a circular saw), so as I was cutting all the pieces I was just like fuckit, I'll just leave it out and have a lower tuning. Now it's tuned to about 32.8 or so. I still think I might go back and cut that piece and mount it just to see how it sounds.

So far so good, is the amp 2-ohm stable and 500wrms @ 2-ohms? If so then I'm going for a very similar setup, except I'm using a Kicker amp and the Skar VVX-12 D4 sub. Let me us know how it sounds.

Yeah I'm running the amp at 2 ohms, but I set the gains with a DMM to 300W.

After I finished the box, I threw it in there and only got to listen for a couple minutes. I was fucking exhausted after 2 full days of work on this thing, plus I was excited and woke up too damn early each morning to work on it lol.

But I'll take more time to listen and get more pics up this weekend or next (depending on how studying for finals goes.)

I don't think that I will set my gains that low, it makes sense for you thought because the IVX series are rated at 300wrms right? I know the VVX series is rated at 600wrms but I'll see if I need to even have my gains set that high

I don't think that I will set my gains that low, it makes sense for you thought because the IVX series are rated at 300wrms right? I know the VVX series is rated at 600wrms but I'll see if I need to even have my gains set that high

Yeah mine's only rated for 300. If yours can go to 600, might as well go as high as you can right?

Have you built yours yet? Would love to see the build log.

Alright so here's where it's at now. Unfinished, not even bolted down yet.IMG_2011.jpg

IMG_2010.jpg

Literally the last screw I put it, and the ONLY split piece. Went too deep with the damn countersink bit. Oh well, nothing that can't be fixed. Next time, I'll try to buy a shit load of clamps, and not use screws. I honestly didn't want to use screws at all, but clamps aren't cheap.

Unfortunately no pics of the build process. Didn't want to get mdf dust and glue all over my sister's camera... Not missing much anyway, it's a pretty simple box.

IMG_2012.jpg

Here's my current head unit. It's whatever, only cost 60 bucks, and distorts at like 43 out of 45 IIRC (but I set the gains at 30, because that's where my speakers start to sound shitty.) Would love to get an Alpine, but that's the last thing on my list at this point.

IMG_2013.jpg

Here's the speakers I'm running, and these are the ONLY ones I have at this point. They actually sound pretty decent, but definitely do not keep up with the bass. At least not on head unit power.

Yes there's dust everywhere. That's kind of how it is out here lol. I took a few more pics, but I need to clean my car a bit and retake them :pardon:

Almost forgot to mention. Took a drive to wal mart today and went the long way so I could listen to it. I am FULLY impressed by this thing's quality and loudness, especially for only 300 watts. Beats the hell out of my Boss 12's on "1200 watts" of power acoustik power. Seems to have a nice frequency range too from what I listened to. Some day, I'll have to find a nice empty place and really test it out, and possibly get vidz.

Edited by LZTYBRN