Kenwood KDC-248U

Whats up guys. My friend and I have an 05 Honda accord and trying to install a Kenwood KDC-248U my friend has. We bought it off sonicelectronix, and they sent us free wiring + new dash kit for aftermarket HU. We were wondering, do we need to use the free dash kit we got in order to install the HU? Or noo....? Because the dash kit has bad reviews and if I don't need to use it, I'm going to stay away from it. Here's a picture of our stock dash:

3597207_b558a378-f497-4891-ab79-50b5fbf86522.jpg

I want to replace the old radio with my new one. I do not want it to be like this b/c I don't see the point in it besides loosing a big pocket:

HondaAccord2005_2.jpg

Or is pretty much this the only way because most 7th gen honda accords on google are like this. Is there any point of keeping the stock radio dash after installing an aftermarket HU besides telling the time? Now that I think of it, I might just put it in the lower section for now and eventually get a replacement adapter something like this:

h120997864-f.jpeg

Any suggestions or ideas.

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

If the reviews are bad, i wouldnt do it but its all up to you. You could always try it and if it doesent work out just remove and get the proper dash kit.

- 2003 Jetta GLi VR6

- Kenwood HU

- MTX 9500 12''

- Soundstream Rub1.2500

If the reviews are bad, i wouldnt do it but its all up to you. You could always try it and if it doesent work out just remove and get the proper dash kit.

True. I'll probably try it out and see how it works just because it was free. I'm still wondering what's the point of keeping your stock radio after you installed a new one though.. It just doesn't hit me on why people would do this. But I'll for sure try the free one we got.

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

If I want to put the HU in the extra cubby like the 2nd picture, do I just take out the factory cubby, then put in the free one I got with the HU from SonicElectronix? Or is it more than just that.

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD