Honda Accord And The Balance Shaft?.......

well i went out yesterday and i couldnt go anywhere due to my slave cyl takeing a shit on me, and i also had to replace the ac and ps belts so i took them off, and while in there i took the top of the timeing cover off to inspect the timeing belt and the balance shaft belt, well when i got the timeing cover off i noticed a belt lodged in the cover and i droped the motor a few inches via the motor mount and took off the bottom cover as well and found that the balance shaft belt had self destructed some time withing the past 3 days, well ive been driveing the car all over the place and i notice no extra vibrations or anything acting or sounding weird, ?..... how important is the balance shafts?

i found a fourm that had a thread with people posting about how they cut the belts on purpose to free up hp but i dont know for sure if its safe?....anyone know a little bit more detail what the balance shaft is for or is it just to help balanace out the motor and make is basicly vibration free for the smoothest feel possible with cheap ass motor mounts ?

and like i said i ran the car after i got my new belts on and i notice no vibration that wasnt there before and just want to know if im in danger of messing up something majorly

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets