Am i DD-1'ing the right way?

Here is the deal, when you have a gain knob, it just controls all the volume, with a bass boost knob it boosts output centred at one frequency. They work different, therefore requiring different approaches.

I don't know enough about RF amps to say which yours is so i will leave that to someone more knowledgeable.

ooo i mean it only boosts the bass though

edit: think its the boost, preset at 45 hz

Edited by SlamminBeats

5.If you have a “bass boost” switch set it to where

you think it will be set when used.

6. If you have a bass boost knob or level control

knob, set them to the middle of their range. This

will allow a slight adustment up or

Manuel steps

DAH FAQ???

would disconnecting the peq when finding the HU clipping be ok? just to avoid that confusion?

Well, normally you don't want to boost things, only cut. If you set that knob at half you only boost 45hz, then it rolls off either side of that with less and less boost. So when you use it you might make your system loud on 45-ish notes and quiet on others. There are alot of variables involved too, Box tuning, the cars resonant freq and your crossover point. I wouldn;t even use it at all and get something like the pac-lc1 line level control if you want to control output of your bass level. If your set on using it then go with 0 like i said earlier.

Edited by strangeduck

Well, normally you don't want to boost things, only cut. If you set that knob at half you only boost 45hz, then it rolls off either side of that with less and less boost. So when you use it you might make your system loud on 45-ish notes and quiet on others. There are alot of variables involved too, Box tuning, the cars resonant freq and your crossover point. I wouldn;t even use it at all and get something like the pac-lc1 line level control if you want to control output of your bass level. If your set on using it then go with 0 like i said earlier.

ok im gonna try it completely without it too

but 0 for finding HU clipping and on Bass amp clipping if i do use it

got it!!

edit: tits i could be hella louder then without it? or just flatter? i basically play music thats between 29-41 hz

Edited by SlamminBeats

It's just easier to use a gain knob like the pac-lc1. you don't have to use that model but it has a proven track record for being a good knob.Plus it will let you control ALL the bass (to your subs) instead of just one freq. And it only cuts the level never boosts it so you can set gains with it and now you aren't clipping.

Edited by strangeduck

It's just easier to use a gain knob like the pac-lc1. you don't have to use that model but it has a proven track record for being a good knob.Plus it will let you control ALL the bass (to your subs) instead of just one freq. And it only cuts the level never boosts it so you can set gains with it and now you aren't clipping.

ok

and with the EQ on the deck and all, isnt it gonna clip when i switch the loudness to the highs? it sounds way better in my opinion when i put this on. also i usually put the bass level to +1 on the pioneer deck (different from the Sub level). should i not do any of this?, i also have something called sound retriever.

Well, here is the deal. Like i said before. A good rule of thumb is to cut what's too loud to get the sound you want. When you turn up the bass and treble or use loudness you run the risk of introducing clipping. The dd-1 manual states to set all levels to zero. What it doesn't say is the reason for this. The reason is that

1. It could introduce clipping and a false reading on the dd-1

2. e.q. and loudness and things of that nature might effect the waveform of the test tone making it difficult or impossible for the dd-1 to give accurate results.

the dd-1 manual says that you can put these setting where you want after setting gains. Anyway that's my 2 cents. i don't have anything boosted, only certain frequencies cut that are too loud. But i have a 28 band e.q. to help me. A little boost probably wont hurt anything. It's really late here so I am going to bed.