dhall9 Posted May 18, 2013 Author Report Posted May 18, 2013 were those kicks a $199 per side or pair? For a pair, this where I got mine. It took a couple weeks, but they were much cheaper. http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/4285398/vpcsid/0/SFV/30046
dhall9 Posted June 22, 2013 Author Report Posted June 22, 2013 Operation: No Sound Deadener Left Behind has commenced. Problem: big box of second skin products taking up space in my garage. Solution: Gut the interior and sound deaden everything. I've already tackled from the rear seats back, now it's time to move forward and upward.
dhall9 Posted June 22, 2013 Author Report Posted June 22, 2013 Thought I'd post a couple pics while I'm waiting on the spectrum to cure. Before the roof was covered in three layers of spectrum After 3 layers of spectrum Floor with second skin damplifier applied and all the jesus christ studs taped off ready for spectrum First layer of spectrum applied to the floor. Should have just enough to do a second coat. Mission Status: Used up the last of my damplifer supply. A few scraps are going to be used on my remote wire panel, I think it is the source of my rattle. The last of the spectrum is in the spray gun and will used up spraying the floor, The remaining overkill will be used on misc. trim pieces and the last couple of pieces of luxury liner pro is going in tomorrow.
dhall9 Posted November 2, 2013 Author Report Posted November 2, 2013 It's been a while since the last update. Haven't changed anything. Everything is still running top notch and load as hell. I did recently snag a couple of "not working" P1000-1bd's off of ebay for dirt cheap. 1 of them showed up in working order, so I'm not sure what to make of it. The listing said it would go into thermal or protect mode, the guy said it had been too long and couldn't remember. I hooked it up to my 10's to test it and worked perfectly. So I guess time will tell on that one. The other one on the other hand is a different story. It was having power issues. So opened it up and started doing a little trouble shooting. I'll let the pictures tell the story... Circuit board taken out of the housing Replaced a couple transistors that seemed a little suspect And today I got the fets on the power side, along with the gate resistors removed... Also got the thermal paste and heat sinks cleaned up, but this is a pic of the before Not sure what I'm going todo with the P1000's. I can't decide if I want to resale them and make a little profit, or save them and start planning the upgrade build. I'm thinking some Fi 15's would sound good. Any suggestions or input????
dhall9 Posted December 8, 2013 Author Report Posted December 8, 2013 I'm sure I'm breaking some kind of rule by posting this, but I don't have the post count to post in the classified section. If you're interested in some secondskin overkill/luxury liner check out the link http://www.ebay.com/itm/121231857826?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.