Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

So I had no intention of getting this deep into a build, but I found Steve's videos on youtube, found this website, and then I was itching to do a build. Everything is still in progress, the usual waiting for all the pieces of the puzzle to come together. Anyway...

Hardware:

P1T-S tweeters for the dash

P1652-S for the front doors

P1675 for the rear doors

P2D4-10's for the subs

P200-2 for the tweeters

P400-4 for the doors

P400-2 for the subs.

My goal is to have clean tunes and a clean install.

I started with the power and ground wires. This phase consisted of running 1/0 wire from the battery to the rear cargo area and running 1/0 from the frame to the cargo area. I also upgraded my 4 gauge big 3 with the left over 1/0.

196b27bf.jpg

19ff5332.jpg

f24f1374.jpg

12ed549c.jpg

The next step was getting the distribution blocks mounted. There is a storage cubby in the rear that looked like a good place.

a9fde1e9.jpg

9bcdbbcf.jpg

f2c99a80.jpg

9cd85f8a.jpg

d41b9a7b.jpg

ab47b997.jpg

4 gauge vs. 1/0 gauge big 3

2fd48e6c.jpg

fc78011d.jpg

I next tackled mounting the P1T-S tweeters in the factory dash location. My SS came with the most basic radio so obviously I was lacking. Nothing a little DIY woodwork can't solve.

aa05760a.jpg

61ea38f5.jpg

6a0d7795.jpg

c337da30.jpg

158ffe87.jpg

Posted

Next on my list was the remote turn on relay setup. There is place in the rear fender where the factory bose amp would be located. Looked like the perfect place to me. A little DIY metal work later and I had a perfect place to run remote turnons. I also tapped the factory fuse block under the rear seat for the power source.

085c3d77.jpg

c3766b92.jpg

b4ed67f7.jpg

Next project was tackling the sub enclosure/amp rack.

78c13647.jpg

7b882ae4.jpg

And this is pretty much where I'm at. My jasper circle jig should be here today, my mids and 400-4 will be here next week sometime. This weekend I'm planning on getting the subs ,P200-2, and P400-2 mounting situation all figured out.

Posted

I also ordered some RCA's from rockford tuesday. I called to confirm the order today because the online thing was a little sketchy for me. They said they will hopfully ship next week. I would of ordered from my usual sources, but the place that has the Y's I wanted was rockford themselves.

Posted

When I say I tapped the rear fuse block for power, I seriously tapped the fuse block. My SS didn't come with a sunroof, so I used that circuit to have a fused power source.

ad964906.jpg

12bca4df.jpg

0a5f3f41.jpg

Posted

Awesome work man! Looks nice and stealthy so far

2008 Toyota Corolla

-Skar VVX 12 D4 (2)-Skar SK1500.1-Pioneer DEH-80prs

Posted

Thanks, everybody.

It is defantly a work in progress. I think I've taken the same trim panel on and off 10 times by now, just working on the different little projects here and there. I'm hoping to have this wrapped up in the next few weeks. But we all know how that goes.

Posted

more pics this is getting hot

trailblazer ss power........lol now i know two more people with tbss builds

ivsmd.png

06 Trailblazer ss

2 Team shok industries tsx 18s
Phoenix Gold ''THE ONE''
2 Phoenix gold 800.4
4 crescendo mp6.
2 crescendo mp8
bass processor

Dc power 270xp

150ft 1/0 ofc sky high cable
1 juicebox lithium 0.5kwh 14v/40ah
kenwood dnx8120
BCAE1.com
YouTube channel : REaudioxxx1
build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160106-trailblazer-ss-xxx/

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8594 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...