Sounds like what he said... when you put it in drive and sit there your rpms are too low for the alt to turn on...

If it just started doing this but didnt before... One of two things.. Either your rectifier is going out or you have some batteries pulling more current than they used to before. Like they are going bad or need to be charged overnite.

What could cause the rectifier to go out? Especially this fast, it's only been about a year and the car gets used like 1 a month if that.

I already tried having the batts on a charger over night, I'll try it again though.

Usually bad or weak batteries... or very poor connections.

Check your battery resting voltage after you charge them overnite. Check them every 3 hours or so and see how they hold the charge.

Sounds like what he said... when you put it in drive and sit there your rpms are too low for the alt to turn on...

If it just started doing this but didnt before... One of two things.. Either your rectifier is going out or you have some batteries pulling more current than they used to before. Like they are going bad or need to be charged overnite.

What could cause the rectifier to go out? Especially this fast, it's only been about a year and the car gets used like 1 a month if that.

I already tried having the batts on a charger over night, I'll try it again though.

Usually bad or weak batteries... or very poor connections.

Check your battery resting voltage after you charge them overnite. Check them every 3 hours or so and see how they hold the charge.

I'll check that. 2amp charge overnight for the batts right?

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

Seems like there was an issue with one of the rear batts, cuz now that I removed all 3 rear batts it doesn't do it anymore. I'm still gonna charge the 3 batts one by one and see how that goes.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

24" Rims

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

Each batt will pull between 10 and 50 amps of charging current depending on good they are and if they are fully charged or not.

If your alt makes lets say 75 amps at idle and you have 4 batteries... your voltage may be in the 12's with the car running at idle. You may or may not have a problem with the batteries.. do like you said and charge them all and have them load tested to make sure. If all else fails get an alt that has better output at idle.

Each batt will pull between 10 and 50 amps of charging current depending on good they are and if they are fully charged or not.

If your alt makes lets say 75 amps at idle and you have 4 batteries... your voltage may be in the 12's with the car running at idle. You may or may not have a problem with the batteries.. do like you said and charge them all and have them load tested to make sure. If all else fails get an alt that has better output at idle.

I would hope it does more than that at idle. It's a 250a alt. Never got the idle output though.

But yeah I'm still gonna charge and check the battery.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

24" Rims

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

I had that problem too. Like everyone said adjust the rpm's and you'll be good

I'm gonna see if the batteries were the problem and if it's not this will be my next step.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

24" Rims

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

Depends on the case style. If its a small case then output at idle will be very low. If its a large case and it has low output at idle than its not a very good design.

I would hope it does more than that at idle. It's a 250a alt. Never got the idle output though.

But yeah I'm still gonna charge and check the battery.

Would AutoZone's battery test be good enough to see if the batts are good?

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

24" Rims

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k