Second Skin Audio

suggestions on my port

Looks like you got an internal volume of 4.75 cu ft box. ive read that its 13-15cu inch of port space for each cubic foot of box. So it looks like between 61.75 and 71.25. sq inch of port space. This is just a guess based on stuff i read, not sure about it though. maybe a 6" port 12" long?. Thats just a guess though man from what ive read. Plus dc audio lists the suggested ported box size at 3.5 cubic feet for a 15" so not sure if box is too big?

I would assume the dimensions he gave are the overall box size, so after sub and port displacement I doubt he is going to have 4.75 cuft.

OP - can you make that box any larger?

I did a very quick calculation (on my phone) and came up with a 17.25 x 3 port x 29" long. Drops you to somewhere around 3.7 cuft tuned to ~32 Hz.

^Do that. Your box is bigger than it needs to be and the port is way too small. 3.7cu.ft. would be nice and that port area is good, as well as the tuning. ^DO IT.

EDIT: You would most likely be louder with the port back instead of up. But that would involve more rework.

Edited by TheBetterMethod

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon Pioneer 9400BH Fi Q 15, SAZ1500dV3

The first build>>> http://www.stevemead...-outback-build/

140.9 @ 36hz Sealed on dash!

REBUILT!!! 2 Fi Q 15s, 2 SAZ1500dv3 146.9 @ 39hz dBDRA certified

100_2936-1.jpg

Im chaning to box to 30x18.75x14 so it will be 3.5cf or close. Im having trouble with torres. To be at 38hz the port have to be 20'' long 17.25x2 is 2'' a prob? and how would this look

Yo dog i heard you like boxes. so i put a box inside a box so you can bass while you FAIL