Extending deck wires w/ 18 gauge speaker wire?

Not much room to work with the wires in my deck and I was just wondering if I could use some standard 18 gauge copper speaker wire to extend the wires, any input? thanks

sounds good, thanks guys. i was just wondering if it could possible harm the connection in anyway overtime, I'll just have to try and see I guess

just go ahead and do it, aslong as you know which wire is which.. label them.. 18 gauge is good your headunit puts out maybe 15rms on each channel im guessing so thats fine

The random noises my friend's makes would be enough to make me want to take it out and smash it with a sledgehammer. I think it'd get more hits than the review you were thinking of ;)

just go ahead and do it, aslong as you know which wire is which.. label them.. 18 gauge is good your headunit puts out maybe 15rms on each channel im guessing so thats fine

He never said what HU he had, let alone if he even needed the speaker outputs. The power wires are the important ones

He never said what HU he had, let alone if he even needed the speaker outputs. The power wires are the important ones

i will try to match up the gauge of wire with the power wire i think it should be fine though, i might just go ahead and get the colored insulation like you said from radioshak just to make it easier to tell them apart, thanks though man.

and your point is..

The random noises my friend's makes would be enough to make me want to take it out and smash it with a sledgehammer. I think it'd get more hits than the review you were thinking of ;)

I'd go to radio shack or an auto parts store and get at least some yellow, red and black wire. Extending them all with speaker wire is just asking to get a wire mixed up and fry something.

i second this, speaker wire will be easy to confuse

"Damned if i do, damned if i don't..."Sold to: RodeoSport, deeppinkdiver, kevosinn, CortezDTV

Bought from: SlamminBeats, Carboardcat15