Speaker wire size and trunk battery Help

I currently have a Crescendo BC2000d powering two 12" kicker cvx dual 4 wired at 1 ohm. I have 12 gauge wire going from the amp to the terminal on the box. I have 16 gauge wire on the actual speaker wiring for the voice coils. My question is if I use solid 8 gauge wire to run from the amp to the speakers and use it also to wire the voice coils would that be better? Is my gauge too low for what I'm using?

I was also going to add another battery in the trunk for the BC2000d and I was wondering if I could get a regular car battery with about 900 cold cranking amps instead of spending $250 on a good Kinetic or other good battery? Thanks for the help in advance.

The 12 gauge is fine from the amp to the box, however change the speaker wire from the voicecoils to the terminal, 16 gauge is a little small for 2kw. Use 12 if you have extra laying around. No need to go buy 8 gauge wire for 2k watts. As for the battery, i mean you could but if its an acid battery it *could* spill if tipped over. Its up to you. Also, with 2k watts a big battery in the back isnt needed... why not pick up a smaller kinetic? There are plenty of them for under 200$.

Ok thanks for the advice guys. There is a guy selling a Shuriken bt80 for $130 on craigslist in my area. Is this a good price? Also, if I bought the battery should I replace my stock battery with this one under the hood or keep both batteries and put one in the trunk?

Archived