Pro Audio Guys! 12/18's or 15/18's?

Whatever you end up doing, your drummers will almost never have enough monitor, so it wouldn't do you any harm to have a 15 on the drummer.

Here's a view of JJ Grey from monitor world.

317670_2174936528426_1656838665_n.jpg

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

Whatever you end up doing, your drummers will almost never have enough monitor, so it wouldn't do you any harm to have a 15 on the drummer.

haha thats for sure! Ive actually made a really nice drum monitor. I got a old JBL twin 15+horn cab. opened it up. and divided the bottom 15 from the top one. giving it as much airspace as possible. reported the bottom chamber and wired it seperatly. So now in one cab ive got a 15 for bass a 15 for mids and a horn. all run of a NL8 to make life easier for me. works really good aswel

its a bit of a ghetto drum monitor but ive had 0 complaints about it. and it looks like a normal cab so hey it was worth the 50bucks i spend on it

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

My FOH systems are technically 5-way.

4 way tops plus subs.

315565_2174644601128_725199523_n.jpg

the bins on the front of the stage at the sides. are you using them as fillers or are they subs? im looking at buying a small turbo sound rig that i can hang as all my shit is ground stack atm

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

haha thats for sure! Ive actually made a really nice drum monitor. I got a old JBL twin 15+horn cab. opened it up. and divided the bottom 15 from the top one. giving it as much airspace as possible. reported the bottom chamber and wired it seperatly. So now in one cab ive got a 15 for bass a 15 for mids and a horn. all run of a NL8 to make life easier for me. works really good aswel

its a bit of a ghetto drum monitor but ive had 0 complaints about it. and it looks like a normal cab so hey it was worth the 50bucks i spend on it

Haha nice. On big stages we use old A-1 Audio RLH boxes from drum monitors and side fills. Same FOH box from the Van Halen 5150 tour. Old. lol.

My FOH systems are technically 5-way.

4 way tops plus subs.

the bins on the front of the stage at the sides. are you using them as fillers or are they subs? im looking at buying a small turbo sound rig that i can hang as all my shit is ground stack atm

They were a part of the FOH top stacks, just put 1 on the deck on each side instead of 4 per side in the air for more downfill on the sides since the tops were so high up, wind was kinda bad so we had to fly'em on up to the top to get the swing out of the hangs.

Subs were on the ground, and theres 4 small front fills on the downstage edge across the middle

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters

Ahk makes sence. Hah. You can't beat the bulkiness and grunt of old boxes ae.

I'm not big on line arrays or digital. Only line array I really like is the V-Dosc. Very few digital consoles do I like, PM5D, Venue D-Show, Profile, SC48, Digico SD8

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters

I've thought about line arrays//hanging speakers, just waiting to see if EV comes out with a budget line array rig to compete with QSC.

Are you thinking of the KLA range? I hear a lot or people comparing the jbl array with the KLA's. Both being active I think they are a pile of poop. But the jbls do sound pretty nice

I'm not big on line arrays or digital. Only line array I really like is the V-Dosc. Very few digital consoles do I like, PM5D, Venue D-Show, Profile, SC48, Digico SD8

Im a big fan of the venues ae. Very nice desks. We often use a pm5d for foh. With a mcl7 for monitors, they work really well together.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived