Sonic Electronix

Sorry if this has been discussed before and if so please link me to the thread. Im trying to decide if it would be better to run (3) 15" subs at 1.333 ohms or (2) 15" subs at 1 ohm. Ive decided on a Sundown Audio amp for the subs and have seen some test results where these amps have been tested down to .35 ohms ( I realize this wont last long). Would these amps handle a .6666 ohm load for any amount of time on music? It will be run on two yellow top optima batteries.

Should be no reason to run the amp under 1 ohm.

I dont think you even have the electrical to support it anyways.

If you want more power buy a bigger amp and have your electrical situated first

Also 3 15 at 1.33 ohm vs. 2 15 at 1 ohm. The 3 15 might be louder just cuz more cone area and motor if they were the same power. If the 3 15 had more power then of course it should be louder.

But both setups need to be in a well designed enclosure built for the subs

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

sundowns can run .5 ohm all day if you have the power to back it up and know what your doing. but 1 ohm is a good place to be for daily beating!

2003 VW Jetta Wagon AA Mayhem 15's Flatline BA2 2 XS D3100's in rear Shuriken BT80 under hood

Mike Singer 250A SHCA and KnuKonceptz wire Big 4+

AQ / Dayton pro mids+monsoon tweets

My Build : http://www.stevemead...35#entry1989435

Ok, please educate me on the electrical upgrades needed to run a sundown 3500 and a sundown 200.4 for the mids and highs. This is going in the crew cab of an 06 silverado so no problem with space on the subs. Just couldnt figure out if 2 or 3 subs would be best.

You should get a H/O Alt as well as a few batteries. maybe 2-4 of the biggest batteries you can fit depending on how big of an alt you get

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

what kind of car bro?!

IMG_3007.jpg

Very nice. real clean too! You should have NO problem finding a good H/O Alt for your chevy. Mechman and singer are good companies. Check them out and see whats the Biggest alt they make for your ride.

Will do! Thanks for the info. Really looking forward to this build. Have been tinkering with car audio since I was 16 (33 now) and this will be the biggest one yet. Never upgraded and electical system although probbly should have.

word yeah just get a big alt and batts

2003 VW Jetta Wagon AA Mayhem 15's Flatline BA2 2 XS D3100's in rear Shuriken BT80 under hood

Mike Singer 250A SHCA and KnuKonceptz wire Big 4+

AQ / Dayton pro mids+monsoon tweets

My Build : http://www.stevemead...35#entry1989435