Second Skin Audio

NEW BOX for 8 alpine type R's 12s need help

Howdy doo. I bought this truck with 8 Alpine Type R's (the 500rms one')IMG320.jpg in it already. But the box is tuned around 28 Hz. My question is what would you guy's recommend for a new one. I might add to the dimensions a lil bit if I have to but for the most part I would appreciate any suggestions on slot port dimesions/area and box sizes. Here's some numbers...Current box: 19(h)x49(w)32(h) - Port: 6.5(H)x11.5(W)x12.5(L) - Total woofer displacement: 1.704 (I Think) - Gross Volume: 14.67ft3 - Port Volume: 0.71ft3 - Physical Port Length: 11.75" - Port Area Range: 147-196 in2 - Port Area: 74.75 in2 - Port Area Per Foot: 6.10 in2 - Net Volume: 12.26ft2 - Tuning Frequency: 28.93 Hz(roughly, if I did it right). Alpine recommends 1.7 cu ft per sub ideal, and port 3" diameter 9.9" length. Random info, Xmax: 18.2 - Qts: 0.47 - Fs (Hz) : 29 - Vas (liters): 45. Ok guys let me know what you come up with. And thank you in advance. here's a couple picures of the current box. IMG318.jpgIMG317.jpg[/img]

damn that is a tiny port.

You are willing to rebuild the entire box yes? How much more room will you accept the box taking up? It may turn out that you wont use all 8 due to space restrictions

Edited by mrd6

Team NorthWestSPL

Yeah I know. And yes I am going to build another box. The subs recommend 1.7 cu ft for Ideal box per sub. I have plenty of room to play with since I have a tahoe

Edited by rcardell

make sure they all have at least 1.7 cubes net. big ass port too. dman that port is good for like 2 12s now, not 8! give that bia some port and keep your port per cube around 14-16.

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

if you want to fit all of them, you will more than likely have to fold/get rid of the rear seats.

edit: you're gonna need like 16-17 cubes, but im no expert on these woofers

Edited by Kranny

Right now I have a BRE 2500.1D brutus but I plan on finding a decent 4000 rms amp next month. And I have a little room to play with to make the deminsions bigger. IMG328.jpg

Edited by rcardell

you need more than "a little room". and i hope you're gonna upgrade your alt and add in a couple extra batteries with lots of 0 gauge if you plan on running 4k

Oh but of coarse, It's already all 0 guage all I need now is an alternator and a couple more runs of 0 guage. And I'll get as many batteries as I need. If I go 49(w)x 25(h)x38(d) that gives me 20.6 cu ft of air space minus the 1.704 for speaker displacement that leaves 18.896 and then minus whatever my port is. And I can still make the box bigger than that If I need to.