Second Skin Audio

Box Help? Single 15"

Im on the RE calc and heres what i got.

40 wide x 20 deep x 12 high with 3/4 MDF

port is 5.5in wide and 10.5in tall, and the first wall is 13.75 and the one on the back wall is 9.25 giving me a total length of 32

says the box is 3.2 cubic feet (before displacement)

and is tuned to 35 HZ

port area per foot is 19"

Does this sound ok??? to much port area??

Edited by Mikey Bates

Just go with the dimensions I posted. I promise they are correct and everything would sould just fine. I'll try to post a screen shot of what I entered into the RE calculator. I placed my numbers(more importantly) into Torres to get the right tuning and such. I only gave you the RE site to be able to see what it would look like(plus it gives you an exact cut sheet.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

(insert dickhead comment here, sorry i was cranky). I ONLLLLLLY put the screenshots from RE up to give you an idea of a cut sheet list, and what the box looks like. With the displacement of the sub and port it was JUST over 3 cubes, not 3.4. That Skar will take 1000 watts clean all day.

Edited by CleanSierra

That tuning is pretty low to get CRAZY numbers from a single 15 on 1000 watts. It will sound louder than it is. It's hard to guess how it will meter. It will get down on the lows though for sure and sound LOUD doing it. So you'll have to play around and see what songs and frequencies sound best and loudest. You know anywhere around you that has a TL to see what frequency will meter the loudest in the GC?

nope :/ ive looked friggen everywhere!! i might save up and buy a TL this summer and have small shows to make up some of the money back. just a thought. i have i shitty radioshack db meter which isnt accurte, but as far as whats louder i think it does ok