Second Skin Audio

Box Help? Single 15"

for the port, and left and right plate, the cutout sheets say it tice, mistake of the program? or double it?????mpicking up the wood and titebond 2 today (: starting the box

NVRMND i realized if you have an angled box it gives the top and bottom dimennsions for the sides, but if its square, its the same. got it haha

Edited by Mikey Bates

Where should i make the sub cutout for the top?? completely centered? somewhere off to the right, or does it not matter? Box is done except the top

I would offset it a little to the side where inside the box, is the port opening. Don't place the sub over the port of you can help it. You would likely get the Better sound rear of the sub is pointed toward the port. Does that make sense?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

so the box is built and im not quite sure what to think of it. I like the low sleek look inside of my old bulky looking box. its my second box built and i think it cam out well. but the sound is just kinda eh. It hit some lower notes but nothing seems to be as loud as before. and it doest play high notes as well(good and bad). i noticed that when my hand is at the port, there is only air coming from the left side of it....i mean from the whole thing yes but mainly the left side there is more air. . . . i did not put 45's in though. help??

so the box is built and im not quite sure what to think of it. I like the low sleek look inside of my old bulky looking box. its my second box built and i think it cam out well. but the sound is just kinda eh. It hit some lower notes but nothing seems to be as loud as before. and it doest play high notes as well(good and bad). i noticed that when my hand is at the port, there is only air coming from the left side of it....i mean from the whole thing yes but mainly the left side there is more air. . . . i did not put 45's in though. help??

plays low notes better and high notes "worse" because the box is tuned lower. lower the tuning, the less prominent the high notes and the stronger the low notes and a more flat response typically. and vice versa.