Anyone got advice on some cheap power adders or mods for a 1994 gmc yukon sle with the stock 5.7l tbi V8

Looking to gain some power from my old 350 seeing as it is basically stock except for the plug wires. Also this is not a vortec.

TBSS071994 GMC Yukon 5.7l 4x4 SLE:Wires: Qauntum Audio 4 Gauge Power and Ground currently installed

Monster Power Flex 1/0 Gauge Power and Ground Cable sitting waiting to be installed

Monster MPC I302 2 Channel RCA cables also sitting waiting to be installedRockford Fosgate 12 Gauge speaker wireHeadunit: Alpine CDE-122Speakers: (2) Kicker KS46 4x6 coaxials(2) Kicker KS410 4x10 coaxialsAmplifiers: Soundstream Tarantula TX1.2000D

Subwoofers: (2) Skar VVX 12's Dual 4 wired to 1 ohm

Batteries: Interstate Mega Tron II MTP-75

throttle body spacers are a good addition with an exhaust and cold air intake

thats how my 4.3 tbi is set up

How much of a difference did the spacer and cold air intake make when you installed it? Any noticable changes?

TBSS071994 GMC Yukon 5.7l 4x4 SLE:Wires: Qauntum Audio 4 Gauge Power and Ground currently installed

Monster Power Flex 1/0 Gauge Power and Ground Cable sitting waiting to be installed

Monster MPC I302 2 Channel RCA cables also sitting waiting to be installedRockford Fosgate 12 Gauge speaker wireHeadunit: Alpine CDE-122Speakers: (2) Kicker KS46 4x6 coaxials(2) Kicker KS410 4x10 coaxialsAmplifiers: Soundstream Tarantula TX1.2000D

Best thing for that motor is ditching that throttle body setup, its a turd from the factory. Upgrading to a unti from someone like Edelbrock helps a bunch. I had a pre-Vortec in my 1990 regular cab with the 350. I had throttle body spacer, K&N, and 3 inch exhaust all the way back. I also did a Hypertech chip. Easiest way to make the truck FEEL faster is to swap out gears to something LOW and to also put a Corvette servo for 1st gear. A nice B&M shift kit goes a long way too. Long tubes are cheap for the truck as well. Get it to breathe, get it some fuel, and get it geared to jump out of the hole. If gas isn't an issue, I'd recommend 3.73s or 4.10s(like the 454SS came with)

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Throttle body spacers are worthless. They make a cool whistle sound, but MINE made no noticeable difference. It may aid in intake velocity, but not enough to make any real difference in performance

How much of a difference did the spacer and cold air intake make when you installed it? Any noticable changes?

the thing that was most noticeable was the throttle responce also like above are good upgrades as well

also have you checked out the http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/general-discussion/performance/

Bagged 83 C10

89 K1500 

Best thing for that motor is ditching that throttle body setup, its a turd from the factory. Upgrading to a unti from someone like Edelbrock helps a bunch. I had a pre-Vortec in my 1990 regular cab with the 350. I had throttle body spacer, K&N, and 3 inch exhaust all the way back. I also did a Hypertech chip. Easiest way to make the truck FEEL faster is to swap out gears to something LOW and to also put a Corvette servo for 1st gear. A nice B&M shift kit goes a long way too. Long tubes are cheap for the truck as well. Get it to breathe, get it some fuel, and get it geared to jump out of the hole. If gas isn't an issue, I'd recommend 3.73s or 4.10s(like the 454SS came with)

Now when you say swap out gears are you referring to swapping the tranny or changing up the gears currently in it and i've been contemplating on whether to get 3.73 or 4.10 but not really sure which would be better as far as quicker take offs are concerned.

the thing that was most noticeable was the throttle responce also like above are good upgrades as well

also have you checked out the http://www.fullsizec...on/performance/

thanks for the site reference will definitley check it out

I mean changing out your ring and pinion gears, and also going limited slip or locker while you're at it. The 4.10s would make a HUGE difference in how the truck launched. As far as the tranny goes, there is a first gear servo that can be switched out for one from a Corvette. It makes first gear one mean bitch. Rear end gears PLUS the servo upgrade will make the truck feel like a completely different ride.

I mean changing out your ring and pinion gears, and also going limited slip or locker while you're at it. The 4.10s would make a HUGE difference in how the truck launched. As far as the tranny goes, there is a first gear servo that can be switched out for one from a Corvette. It makes first gear one mean bitch. Rear end gears PLUS the servo upgrade will make the truck feel like a completely different ride.

ok cool i will definitley be looking for that servo and rear end, gears might have to wait becuase of my budget but thanks for all the help and is there anything i can do with the stock throttle body to improve performance