Dual XDMA5280 Head Unit Clipping Volume?

I have this head unit and was curious as to what volume it starts to clip at. I'm sure it isn't clipless because it is not that high quality, just want to know my max safe number.

Thank you

-Hunter

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Hey man, i got the Dual XHDR6435 (older) and the specs are about the same. . .600peak, 18 rms, 2volt pre outs. My DD1 should be here by friday, ill let you know what that clips at and i bet thatll give you a pretty damn close idea on yours.

not to mention they are both CEA-2006. . . if yours goes to 46 max like mine, we should technically have the same number for clippin volume

Edited by Mikey Bates

Hey man, i got the Dual XHDR6435 (older) and the specs are about the same. . .600peak, 18 rms, 2volt pre outs. My DD1 should be here by friday, ill let you know what that clips at and i bet thatll give you a pretty damn close idea on yours.

not to mention they are both CEA-2006. . . if yours goes to 46 max like mine, we should technically have the same number for clippin volume

Yup, mine has a max of 46 as well. Well good stuff! Thanks man, I look forward to finally figuring this out. Haha.

1996 GMC Sonoma
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

Damn haha I've been keeping it at a max of 40. But it's sounded clean to me, but I don't really have an ear for it yet.

1996 GMC Sonoma
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

Damn haha I've been keeping it at a max of 40. But it's sounded clean to me, but I don't really have an ear for it yet.

Don't even use a ear as a judge.

Yeah I know I shouldn't, not touching anything higher until I find out from somewhere what the clip volume is.

1996 GMC Sonoma
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

OK so got my DD1 hers what i did. For every EQ setting, changing the treble all the way from -6 to +6. The deck always clips at 44 meaning 43 is safe.

For Bass, heres the safe numbers.

Bass Volume is always at 6/12

By turning the sub volume down (anything under 6) you don't gain any deck volume. By turning it up (past 6) you lose 1 volume unit every sub volume unit meaning. deck clips at 44 and sub at 6, deck clips at 43 and sub at 7 deck clips at 42 and sub at 8 and so on.

Bass EQ and safe volumes with sublevel at 6/12

-1 through -6 safe is 44

+1 safe is 42

+2 safe is 41

+3 safe is 39

+4 safe is 38

+5 safe is 36

+6 safe is 35

So as an end result. 1k safe at 43 and 40hz safe at 44 with sub volume at 6. I turned my sub volume to 7 that way my highs and lows get the most clean volume, at 43/46 Any questions let me know (: hope this helps

Edited by Mikey Bates

OK so got my DD1 hers what i did. For every EQ setting, changing the treble all the way from -6 to +6. The deck always clips at 44 meaning 43 is safe.

For Bass, heres the safe numbers.

Bass Volume is always at 6/12

By turning the sub volume down (anything under 6) you don't gain any deck volume. By turning it up (past 6) you lose 1 volume unit every sub volume unit meaning. deck clips at 44 and sub at 6, deck clips at 43 and sub at 7 deck clips at 42 and sub at 8 and so on.

Bass EQ and safe volumes with sublevel at 6/12

-1 through -6 safe is 44

+1 safe is 42

+2 safe is 41

+3 safe is 39

+4 safe is 38

+5 safe is 36

+6 safe is 35

So as an end result. 1k safe at 43 and 40hz safe at 44 with sub volume at 6. I turned my sub volume to 7 that way my highs and lows get the most clean volume, at 43/46 Any questions let me know (: hope this helps

Okay good stuff, what do you mean by the Sublevel? I haven't seen that on my head unit, do you just mean the bass level? I have that set currently at -6, and my treble at +4. So my max safe is 43?

1996 GMC Sonoma
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

yeah your safe at 43. . .keep in mind i did not do HLO so if your not using a 4 channel idk what those are. . . .and in mine if you go past the EQ, there is a sub volume control. you have like bass, treble, a few other things, then it says EQ is user, and sub level. just hit the same button a bunch of times lol