Jump to content

Skip dash speakers? mixing silk and metal domes?


beatinpearls

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok, so im in the planning stages of a new build. Thinking about going active and was wondering if I should even bother with dash speakers.

They are currently 4x6 but was gonna go with a 4" and seperate tweeter.

Not sure if I should waste time and money for a 2nd 4ch amp and crossover unit.

Also, I currently have some Infinity coax 6.5" in the front with a Boston Acoustics metal dome.

I was looking to get a set of Bostons PRO component and they come with a silk dome.

Was going to keep the metal dome in the door with the component mid and use the silk domes in the dash.

I have never used components or active crossovers so this is all new. I am by no means competing but do want good sound.

Naturally silk and metal domes are preference but should they be mixed? Would they complement each other?

Any thought or opinions would be appreciated.

Posted

Turns out the pro series come with the same metal dome that I have so I wont be mixing silk and metal.

But for future reference, would you mix silk and metal?

If nothing else ill just have to try it some time.......

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1037 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...