Proper Wiring for accessories?

I'm trying to make sure i don't set my car on fire, i have a pair of LEDs under my dash and a pair under the back seats with separate switches for them in my center console. I also have my volt meter switch in the center console and i have all these hooked up to one maybe 16 Ga. to 14 Ga. piece of wire ran all the way from the center console to the front battery. I have a run of power hooked up to my power inverters switch also, but just for the LED in the switch to light up when its on, all of the switches have lights in them. Should i get bigger wire and fuse it? i was thinking about getting some 8 Ga. and running it from the battery to the center, and a piece from the floor as the ground. With small distribution blocks on each end splitting all the wires where they need to go. I'm not sure as of what size fuse to use.

Anyone think thats a good idea, or should i go with some smaller wire and get a relay? i cant fit 8 ga. on a relay.

02 Dodge Durango

1 Fi SP4 18" .v2
Sundown SCV3k @.5 Ohms
XS D3100 up front
Northstar SMS AGM 400 in the back
All XS Power 0ga OFC
240a Apex h/o alternator
Pioneer AVH-X2500BT HU
Dual 0ga runs from the alt to battery
Dual 0ga runs from battery to amp

best idea would be a relay

what size wire?

02 Dodge Durango

1 Fi SP4 18" .v2
Sundown SCV3k @.5 Ohms
XS D3100 up front
All XS Power 0ga OFC
240a Apex h/o alternator
Pioneer AVH-X2500BT HU

definitely fuse it all

how do i know what size to use?

02 Dodge Durango

1 Fi SP4 18" .v2
Sundown SCV3k @.5 Ohms
XS D3100 up front
All XS Power 0ga OFC
240a Apex h/o alternator
Pioneer AVH-X2500BT HU

usually in the manuals or online for things such as light kits it will say how much they draw

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

the leds and your meter will probably be fine on a smaller fuse maybe , depending where you connected them they might be fused already , but when in doubt better safe than sorry , leds are very low draw so unless you have a few dozen the wire you have should be ok . the inverters need a bigger wire though the bigger the inverter the bigger of wire and fuse you need just about like amps

Sorry to thread jack, but would it work if you ran power to a smaller fused dist block and ran them to switches after that?

So power cable > fused dist block (for amps and whatnot > smaller fused dist > switch/es > accessories?

Sorry to thread jack, but would it work if you ran power to a smaller fused dist block and ran them to switches after that?

So power cable > fused dist block (for amps and whatnot > smaller fused dist > switch/es > accessories?

i dont see why not? it wouldnt be a fused distrib block. it would be wire from battery > fuse block (one in one out under hood) > wire into console and regular distrib blocks > to acc.

02 Dodge Durango

1 Fi SP4 18" .v2
Sundown SCV3k @.5 Ohms
XS D3100 up front
All XS Power 0ga OFC
240a Apex h/o alternator
Pioneer AVH-X2500BT HU

Archived