Second Skin Audio

enclosure advice

dcil

I have a 95 s10 xcab with an American Bass hd15d1 on a memphis mojo 2k amp. Currently it's in a double baffled, internally resined box with a 6 inch aero port. front sub side port. external dimensions are 17t 13d 42 long. ride around port is tuned at 30 (16 inches long iirc) the spl port was tuned at 42. I've played with many port lengths, trying to get the most spl out of it. Anywho, with the ride around port it stays in the 142 range from 30hz up to 42hz without dropping. the spl port let me hit 143 flat at 45 hz..

Fast forward, I used a buddy's box with my sub in it. Roughly 4 cube net, tuned at 35 with slot port. 18 inch per cube, sub forward port up.. Basically same results

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around whats going on with it. It gets evil loud in there but the numbers suck.

anybody have any ideas of a new design for it that might inch me up a bit? Not looking for 150 but a 45 or so would be nice

i would up it too 2 6inch aero ports and play with port firing both to passenger and drivers side...1 6inch is nowhere near enough for that sub

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

also how much deadner? and what voltage are you dropping to on your burps

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

just take a second 6 inch port have them both loading 6inches off whichever side of the vehicle you should choose... 1 6" is nowhere near enough for 1 15's an aero ports are pretty much king in extended cab truck so id stick with them.. ive also seen port ^^^^ sub forward work as well..just gonna have to mess with it man lol spl is all about testing and tweaking till you find out what works for you and your equipment/vehicle

Archived