DIY Mobile Stage design ideas... (Fixed)

Playing around in Sketchup for a modular stage design for my business.

478402_10151776898005512_690720511_24891607_1950541398_o.jpg

4x8 sheets of plywood, carpeted, pieces of 2x4 used as frame, legs fold in when not in use. Thinking about how to join sections together, like using long bolts or something. This is the fixed design. You can see where the 17.25" legs fold in, plus an idea for how to cut notches on the legs to make the platform more stable. Trying to find out if they make brackets that can hold the legs at vertical, or how I would accomplish that (more bolts maybe?) Just trying to play with ideas. Suggestions appreciated.

Edited by iceman1575

POTATO!

Just for an idea of what the final design (I'm hoping) is going to look similar to...

477080_10151777035650512_690720511_24891940_1340545888_o.jpg

Thoughts? It's not going to be perfect (limited to level areas only) but most places will be in flat grassy/level areas hopefully. If not, I could probably just take some pieces of wood.

POTATO!

Nobody? Well, I guess if it breaks, I can blame you assholes for no criticism. :rofl: Just kidding. But seriously, if anyone has suggestions, there's not going to be a whole lot of weight on stage (most would be a typical guitar stack on a 4x4 section, that would be about it). I'm hopefully going to do a test build of it tomorrow, hopefully the section will come out right.

POTATO!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, since nobody really had some advice (& now that I have some spare $$) I got a sheet of plywood (5/8") and some 2x4's & 14x3 wood screws. Put a prototype together. Frame held together great, and with the legs screwed in, the sucker was REALLY stable (alot more than I had thought it would be). Hoping to build the other tomorrow with some carrier bolts and some 4x4's hinged. 16" seems like the perfect stage height too, indoors & out. I will have pics tomorrow, we got toned out for a structure fire the minute I got done (literally...)

POTATO!

Hey man, Just a little idea id through out there for you.

It would allow you to take the legs out easy peasy for transport. and also it means you can make in time different height stages, or do tied stages like in your picture but instead of needing to have a seperate staging peice ontop of the normal height one you can just chuck some taller legs on it. You might not need the double brace, but i dont know how stable it will be. Some sort of locking system to keep the leg in place might be a good idea

stagingidea.png

oh and sorry for posting on like every thread you make haha

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

It would allow you to take the legs out easy peasy for transport. and also it means you can make in time different height stages, or do tied stages like in your picture but instead of needing to have a seperate staging peice ontop of the normal height one you can just chuck some taller legs on it. You might not need the double brace, but i dont know how stable it will be. Some sort of locking system to keep the leg in place might be a good idea

stagingidea.png

No problem man, I'd rather have too much criticism than too little. I actually was thinking about that, but I don't know how stable it would be...I'm going to try the 4x4's with bolts and see how that works. Just wish there was an easier way to keep them attached.

POTATO!

No problem man, I'd rather have too much criticism than too little. I actually was thinking about that, but I don't know how stable it would be...I'm going to try the 4x4's with bolts and see how that works. Just wish there was an easier way to keep them attached.

what about circles? haha like a 2" cylinder or something, one that is pernimently attacked to the stage somehow. then a slightly smaller tube that is used as the leg and slides in. Should be really sturdy if its attached to the stage nicely

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

stagingidea2.png

just thinking of random ideas for ya :) All this is a thin metal and weilded together. then the flat section is bolted to the outside 2x4's?

idk im bored lol

You should take weight into your equation cause evene guitar rack weight not everybody has the same equipment if your going to be using it besides you. Cause weighr adds on fast plus the players, rack. Amps , cables, processor, instruments,

I know it would be as hard as being in cement

And for portablity maybe try makin some foldable legs and maybe if you can design it under the stage make a box so you van carry stuff in their to amd iill help with it being more surdy

Sorry if i dont make sense but i could explain it more and hand draw it

true hah if you get someone with a couple of les pauls you stage will feel it :P hah. I also hope your planning on covering it with something. bacause im assuming you will be stacking your pa on the stage (if not you may have to at somestage so this could be something to think about) but with the subs being on a hard stage like that you will get a fair few vibrations coming through your mic stands and into your mics.