Sundown Audio

Planet Audio Amp??? insight help please

velvetsmack

hey guys i was looking at a planet audio amp on their site and i found a 3200 watt class d mono amp. it looked good so i looked to see if i could buy it anywhere online. first instinct i searched amazon.com and surely enough i found it , here : http://www.amazon.com/Planet-Audio-PX3200D-Monoblock-Amplifier/dp/B005S4JHYS/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_6 but the price is only 130? is there a reason it seems kind of cheap for like what looks like a 1 ohm stable amp that will put out 1800 watts? there was only 1 review and it was positive and i was wondering if this is a good amp to purchase? if any of you own this amp or other planet audio amps some imput on this would be awesome thank you! i would get this to use with a dc lv4 18, probaly not the full 1800 though. let me know whats up with this amp, thank you it is appreciated.

also the link to the actual site is here : http://www.planetaudiousa.com/main/686

i brought in plant audio last year at my shop as a lowend cheap product for the kids that want abss for 200 bucks...and lets say it will never be sold here again..... i rather sell boss audio befor planet audio....

just my opinion its very very low end . and that amp you might get 500w

i like how the planet audio site doesn't show pictures for the power connections side of the amp. and no documentation. i'd be floored if that thing could do 1000w clean.

i have been real close to buying a planet audio amp before and the old saying of you get what pay for ultimately stopped me ,

there's a pawn shop that i deal with a little and the 2 brothers that own it are both into home and car audio , talked to the one of them about the planet audio line one day , he thought if i were gonna buy one there amps the big bang (bb) line looked more promising than the cheaper models , and of course the bb models are more expensive .

ebay is where i found planet audio , maybe it's worth a try if you can get a squaretrade warranty ?

yeah i thought things might be a little iffy..ive just heard people say good things about planet audio. but ive also read bad reviews

can any of you point me in the direction of a amp that i could use to give me a solid 1.4k at 1 ohm? and if thats possible a budget one at that? im still in highschool unfortunately, but i do have a job.

or what about hifonics amps? There's some mad cheap ones online too which makes me wonder. I found a hifonics hfi1500d mono which should put out 1.5k x q ohm for like 150$ and also found a hifonics Brutus 1200 x1ohm for pretty much same price

Archived