'79 El Camino - DD SS1a is in

Deff one thing you don't see often is a blow thru on an El Camino. Can't wait to see it

I know I've never seen one. I can't wait to start on it, but that has to wait until time, money, and other conditions allow.

Got my ring terminals in and the sub rewired to the C9 and it's unimpressive. I didn't really didn't expect it to be louder than before and it isn't even close to as loud so it looks like I'm going to have to look for a new amp. I'm open to suggestions if anyone has one.

'79 El Camino

Skar VVX-10 in a t-line tuned to 26 Hz

Build log: Here

Have u looked into soundstream amps. Very sold budget amps i was looking at their rubicon 1000.1 for $130 on ebay iirc factory refurb with warenty. I havd a ss 500.4 for my front stage and i love it.

I'll look into them, thanks for the suggestion.

I'd like to find something that's almost as efficient as the XT1600.2 was; I could play full tilt for 15+ minutes straight without the amp or sub getting warm to the touch.

'79 El Camino

I may have found a free topper if the guy's plans didn't follow through; get to play the waiting game for his reply. I've got my fingers crossed.

As for my amp issues, I may have found what I was looking for. Unless I find anything else that could be better suited or a better deal by the end of the week, I'm going to be buying a RE DTS-1500.1. The internals look relatively similar to my 1600.2 even though it's a mono amp. I'd buy another 1600.2 if I could find a pre-2011 version that isn't the US Amps xterminator (exact same as older re xt-1600.2 v3s) since it's a little expensive for me at the time being.

Again, amp suggestions are appreciated. Looking for ~500-600 watts at 2 ohms. Can be 2 channel or mono, preferably class D.

'79 El Camino

Depending on if ur sub is d4 ss has the 800.1 its pretty efficent and cheap. I know a guy who swears by those amps. Not sure been about a month or so since i looked at amps decided to jack my dads dx 1000since he wasnt useing it lol. But when i was looking at budget amps thats who i was looking at. Or theirs a few polk audio amps in the fs section here for cheap

Depending on if ur sub is d4 ss has the 800.1 its pretty efficent and cheap. I know a guy who swears by those amps. Not sure been about a month or so since i looked at amps decided to jack my dads dx 1000since he wasnt useing it lol. But when i was looking at budget amps thats who i was looking at. Or theirs a few polk audio amps in the fs section here for cheap

The rub1.800s have a terrible signal to noise ratio (61 dB, value from user manual). The amp that I'm looking at, RE DTS-1500d, has better overall specs and isn't much more than a refurbished rub1.800.

'79 El Camino

Small update today.

After running the sub on the C9 for a day, I thought something was up since it'd get warm at idle and warmer when playing music so I tested the channels. Turns out that channel 3 puts out about half as much power as 4 and sometimes will put out a static signal. So the amp came out of the truck and I'm waiting for a RMA#.

This morning, I bought a new, in box, Digital Designs SS1a to replace the blown 1600.2; it should be showing up next week or maybe the week after. I've also got a pair of toolmaker dual inputs that should be coming in tomorrow. Yes, it's a little excessive for as small of an amp as the SS1a is, but I'd rather use both runs of 4 gauge than one since the C9 came out.
I figure I shouldn't have a problem squeezing the tenth that I missed last time; I like the idea of doing 135's at 26-27 Hz, sealed, with a single 10 and ~500 watts.

'79 El Camino

ahhh thanks for the info on the rubicons i was considering buying them to replace my current amps but will now look for other amps. but 135 at 26hz would be sick,

It's only the 800.1 that has what I'd consider a bad signal to noise ratio, the other amps in the rubicon line have better S/N values.

The 135 shouldn't be difficult since, at the last meet, I did a 134.9 at 27 after giving someone a jump. Probably could have gotten that tenth by moving my seats a little. Next chance to meter is the 19th; I'll try to get a pic/vid then too.

'79 El Camino

Interesting idea of a 4x12" T-Line... that's not for everyone for sure!

If u're gonna use the flatbed and aiming for a setup that accept this amount of space, I recon a tapped horn could be mmm-aaassive!

Don't like sharing your knowledge?

Welll.. Don't come here and grab others then! - GTFO.

Archived