'79 El Camino - DD SS1a is in

Interesting idea of a 4x12" T-Line... that's not for everyone for sure!

If u're gonna use the flatbed and aiming for a setup that accept this amount of space, I recon a tapped horn could be mmm-aaassive!

It'll definitely be interesting to see how it turns out when it begins. The goal is maximizing efficiency; the dayton 12"s I'm planning on using will be getting RMS or lower, so the total power for the substage will be around 500 watts RMS. The Daytons will be swapped out with beefier subs at a time when I've got the money to do so.

Oh I already know it's going to be massive, I've got a couple drafts of the plans drawn up already and the dimensions are 41" x 25" x ~72". It's not going to be a tapped horn though, just a plain transmission line; constant port area throughout.

'79 El Camino

Skar VVX-10 in a t-line tuned to 26 Hz

Build log: Here

So the DD SS1a showed up today and man is it a small amp. I've been sitting on my TM dual inputs for a week, didn't figure it'd be enough of an update for me to justify doing one. Here are a couple pics. Should have my first impressions later tonight.

DSC01717_zpsc62de84c.jpg

DSC01711_zps04e0e198.jpg

More to come.

'79 El Camino

Been working on the amp rack a little as well as waiting for a cougar 140mm fan to show up and it all came together yesterday.

The fan:

DSC01723_zps64a9aa72.jpg

I think you can get the idea of how it'll work:

DSC01719_zps2fa760da.jpg

DSC01720_zps7630fe9e.jpg

DSC01724_zpsc17e23c5.jpg

Got everything all in the truck and working. I think it's the first time I finished what I wanted to before the day of the car meet I was working toward. Now I get to wait to see the 135+ on Friday.

'79 El Camino

Digital Designs FTW! your going to love that amp

2000 Dodge Durango

Subs - (2) SKAR VVX 15 D2's

Box - 7.2 ft^3 @ 33hz, 120 in of port

Sub amp - Digital Designs M2 @ .5 ohm

Mids + Highs - PRV Audio

Mids + Highs amp - Hifonics 2000.4

Headunit - Alpine CDE-100

Equalizer - Clarion EQS746

Batteries - Mopar group 27 + (2) C&D 52ah

Wiring - 1/0 BIG 3, (2) runs 1/0

Alternator - Singer 250A

147.79 dB @ 35hz - burp - sealed on dash

147.47 dB @ 35hz - music - sealed on dash

YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/321slapinBass/videos

SKAR_468x60.jpgDD-1.jpg

Digital Designs FTW! your going to love that amp

I already do. The difference in sound quality is very noticeable; every frequency sounds cleaner than it did before, especially the mid 20's.

'79 El Camino

Small update today.

Went to a local meet last Friday and metered the truck now that the SS1a is in and playing. Did a 137.9 @ 30 hz on the dash/glass and a 138.1 @ 34 in the kick; I'll bring my camera to the next meet on the 10th. I'm pretty happy with the numbers it put up, but I feel there is still some room for improvement.

Figured a few people might want to see the amp installed so here it is:

DSC01728_zpse2b0c002.jpg

Not sure if I want to do anything else with the amp rack, I'm always open to suggestions. I do plan on getting a small battery at some point and I plan to run new wire to the amp when that time comes. I've been checking craigslist and salvage yards for a topper for the past month or so with no luck so for the time being, the plan is to try to raise the numbers on the current setup.

If you've got anything to say or suggest, please do so. As always, thank you for your time and interest.

'79 El Camino

Are you wanting a camper shell or just a bed cover? If its just a bed cover u could fab ur own

At this point, either will do although a shell would be preferred since I'd be able to do a bigger build.

The problem with fabricating one is the cost; by the time I'd finish it, the cost would probably be close to buying a cover. It's a good idea, but I don't see myself having the time to be able to make one since I'm taking some classes over the summer and I'll be working, but we'll see what happens.

'79 El Camino

A simple bed cover would be cheap to make, sheet of metal some angle iron and few hrs + paint work and custom flush mount bed cover.

The more I look at it, the simpler it seems like it would be to do. I like the idea of being able to keep my rear window but my issue is that I'd barely have enough room to do two 12s.

I'm definitely considering fabbing one now, just have to see if any shells become available by the time the '81 (my other elk) is ready for the road.

'79 El Camino

Archived