I have had the DD-1 for about 1.5 years now and have used it on many applications, but there is one thing I always wondered....
ok so if you follow the manual on how to set up a subwoofer amplifier it say to turn the frequency setting (LPF) all the way up. so you do this and you continue to follow the manual to the end, you have now setup an amplifier like a pro.
but, when the LPF is all the way up the amp distorts at a lower gain setting then with the LPF set to 80hz (or where ever you want it). so why should I tune the amp with the LPF all the way up if its not going to be all the way up when im using it? why can't I tune the amp with the LPF at 80Hz like it will be set to after I get done using the DD-1?
to me it just makes more sense to "tune" a amp with the setting where they will be when your actually using it... maybe not? but like I said at the beginning, I always follow the manual for actual setups. this is just something I found out on my test bench, and i wanted to ask if this was wrong and why.
Edit - how I found this out:
turn the LPF all the way up, then set the gain distortion free, now with the dd-1 still connected turn the LPF down to where you want it (80hz for me), now start to turn your gain up and you will realize that the distortion light is not coming on, now keep turning it up until the light comes on and then back it back down so it goes out.
you will now realize that the gain has gone up a lot more with the LPF set to where you will be using it.