Turning My Show SQ -Denali into EXTREME 20K WATT GROUND POUNDER!

"American Bass"

"MADE IN CHINA"

Worry not, for at least it was "designed in America"

OP, just reading through and definitely tuned in with many others. I'm curious, why less alternator and fuckton more battery? Pretty crazy...and with the pictures of the batteries...were you done with it being a secret?

Glad to see someone paying attention hehe.. To answer the question.. I had a single 250 Amp Ohio Gen and upgraded to 2 300's. After talking to a Few ppl like Tom the owner Of Ohio Gen I decided not to try a crazy 4-5 alternator setup. As this truck is gonna be loud as hell but still more or less a DAILY driver.. As in i drive my kids around in this thing. Get my morning coffee etc. So I need it to be reliable still and the two alternators and bolt in bracket arent too far off a stock setup as far as modifications go and stress on the belt. Also I am setting up a smart charger that i can plug into my AC power at home. After damaging my last 5 Odyssey 1500's I am now paying attention to the great rules of the battery gods and Thou Shall not let thy batteries sit over the winter without charging. Wont happen again. Sorry battery gods.

And yes the Cat is out of the bag on the batteries.. What they are, are motorcycle batteries 38 of them (625 amp each). It ends up being about the same as 8-10 2500's or something along that line. Or like 15-16 1500's. Main reason for going with these are for installing purposes.. more amp's generated in less space.. AND battery rows can fit along the bottom and along the SIDES of the amp rack. Actually i will throw up a pic now to give an idea of what i am going on about.

acf31fe8.jpg?t=1340850649

I had considers mounting LARGE batteries underneath of my truck. But not a lot of room because of the Air Tanks And Air compressors stuffed underneath as well. Also this truck sits on the ground pretty much when dropped.

i just wanna see all of those batteries hooked up

My current 95 Jetta Build w/

pioneer h/u

2 RD Sonance 10's with flatwind coils

2 Audiopipe apsm 1500.1s

1 Hifonics Brutus Elite 60x4

1 XS d925

1 Stinger spv35

1 1000 amp lead acid

50 ft of 0/1 ofc from Audiotechnix

all powerbass components, and coaxils, 4 sets

buildlog = http://www.stevemead...2-rd-10s-build/

My build for my wife. http://www.stevemead...01-f-150-build/

becasue there is hardly any belt wrap on it.. your going to load it down and it will slip. looks like belt is only touching 25% of the pully..

i run a tripple alt bracket.. 2 400a alts and a 350.. and have 0 belt slip ( unless its from the 1-2 shift.. but that is VERY common) have yet to snap/shread a belt..

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

• 3 months later...

Archived