Sonic Electronix

why cant you change the box? boxes that are built by you or a friend with designs you can get from a person on here, are FAR better than boxes you buy pre-built/online.

well...I spent a decent bit of time and effort on it with my dad when I had the washout...prob make him feel some kind of way..idk he's pretty proud of it and so am I actually it's my third box, but for sure my nicest and it's not even carpeted yet--HDF board from a desk-'woodgrain' finish ...I think it's a pretty good design, I pulled ideas and concepts, measurements, ect. from many places for weeks before I committed, though it may need one more "pass" or "wall" on the inside as its just an "L" design right now...and it could be wider...na I don't feel like doing that again haha that's an option reserved for "if the oportunity presents itself" like a deal that's too good to be true pops up while i'm still going nuts online looking and looking and looking...

Edited by rescuedabyss

Ok so I'm pretty sure Sundown SA series 12's are not going to be any better than what I have even on that Soundstream amp which who knows what it actually puts out....I know with absolute certainty that the Fosgate amps...depending on year and series....do make what they claim and more at RMS and at Peak. plus I'll have to fandangle that kid to get what I want outta the deal...I cannot see me spending more than a 100 for each of those subs and his amp, but he wants 500 for subs amp box I don't need or whant and a huge 100lb c&d battery I don't need nor do I want...and with noone really passing on any knowlege here except for their bias opinion...*cough* team sundown *cough*, but I do appreciate the idea there.....I haven't heard anything informative...and I'm not in the market for another let down...guess i'm going with 2 Rockford Fosgate Power T1D412's OR 2 12" P3D412's(maybe get the P3D212-2 ohm version..these are what I blew..but I think it was all the moisture from the trunk bottom being full of water in the year the car sat) run it on the p1000.1bd amp that reads 1250ish watts at 1ohm RMS and hit a peak wattage of 2200+ watts @1ohm stable at 4Ohm it shows 450ish watts continuous or RMS and peaked ain the cool 800 watt area(this is powering my JL's right now)...I'm just going to get a second amp and modify it the same way as the one I currently run. run my 0/0 line when I do the carpet and rear seat "cutting"-I'm turning a bench seat into basically the 40 part of a 60/40 split rear seat so I can still have people ride if necessary-putting the subs facing into the cabin, amps will be where the seat part of the rear seat was-fiberglassed and carpeted, maybe hang the kinetic 1200 battery and RF 10 Farad Capacitor on the pillar of the back seat opening...I do want it all to be Fosgate Punch stuff and it be a shame to put the power subs in when everything else is so close to being complete...That be a pretty cool setup in a coupe rite? I mean I do :)