Sonic Electronix

I'm about to build another system and i'm starting to give consideration to going to "other" brands--like sundown, dc, re, ect-rather than JL, RF, ect.., but I never really looked into them and just wanna get some input from a reputable forum....and I joined this one. So...my most recent setups and what I have is probably the best place to start....

In the car-just kinda threw it in there from what I had in the closet

Rockford Fosgate p1000.1bd amp-1000+Watt RMS

2 JL W6

Ported box--shared air space, center slot vented, labyrinth internal porting-1 wall

2 farad cap

Forgot about --

RF punch front/rear components with crossovers

RF punch 200-2 amps front and rear

225 amp alternator

0/0 charging and ground wires underhood

4 gauge to car's factory electric block from battery

have to run the 0/0 back to the amp yet (2awg now)..but i'm going to redo the distribution setup under the hood first

What I have laying around

2 12" Pioneer tsw3000 something or another--they are HUGE

2 12" Audiobahn Alum12n

1 Lanzar Max something or another

Lanzer pro 4000watt amp or something, it's supposed to be a 4000watt amp I guess

JL JL2 1000watt RMS monoblock amp

What i'm looking at

2 Fosgate 12" T1

2 12" Sundown SA-12 with Soundstream TRX-1500.1 amp--I don't know the specs on the amp...I assume its a 1500watt RMS amp ??

So you probably guessed I wanna run 2 12's...I will most likely get amps to match the subs I choose later, but basically i'm going for loud as possible in a trunk as I can while maintaining sound quality...any input is awesome...unless you just wanna be a dick...in that case just do us all a favor and log off....but yeah thanks in advance

Edited by rescuedabyss

so what you're asking is for a vs. thread? i guess i'm not understanding. all subs are good, shit sony xplods did a 150+ so broaden your horizon some

#teamihop

Two 12 inch DC XL's

Carbon Fiber Cap

Stetsom 7k

Shell of box / baffle built by me

Port / sealing the box by John Hone

Fuck midrange

Alpine-9886

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177428-97jettas-sql-trunk-wall-loudest-99-buick-century-custom-with-a-one-legged-owner/

price has no influence on how something sounds

I told him to move the fucking port.

they see me hoppin they stoppin they can't believe im so white and dirty

It looks like you got so drunk, that someone came up and stole your leg.

umm yeah I guess I am in the end...but that would be nuts with all the different options I have and can get I didn't really want it to get too crazy I guess. And I only say out of the loop and other because the shops up here are small so they don't know about these companies that aren't "mainstream" or whatever you would like to call it. I have the JL's and they were a lot and didn't make me happy, I had 2 12" Rockford P3's I blew out before them...basically the same, but the RF's were louder I think with the same quality

All I can say is to read look at builds with different subs and if you can try and listen to the subs you are looking at. you may just have to take a chance on a pair and hope you like them

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

it depends on your budget, what you want to do, the space you have to work with, the time you want to put into it, and the knowledge you have. you can buy top of the line gear and spend thousands, but if you don't have the space and or time/knowledge it's a wasted effort.

Edited by 97Jetta1637

#teamihop

Two 12 inch DC XL's

Carbon Fiber Cap

Stetsom 7k

Shell of box / baffle built by me

Port / sealing the box by John Hone

Fuck midrange

Alpine-9886

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177428-97jettas-sql-trunk-wall-loudest-99-buick-century-custom-with-a-one-legged-owner/

price has no influence on how something sounds

I told him to move the fucking port.

they see me hoppin they stoppin they can't believe im so white and dirty

It looks like you got so drunk, that someone came up and stole your leg.

I want to go as big as I can, but no JL prices ever again 400 for one 12...no way. I have approx 1.6-1.8 cubic feet per sub thats useable. everything can be changed later except the subs and the box. and the amp or amps will be bought to match whatever I get..I was going to do a full Rockford Fosgate 'Punch' series setup going...but maybe do something different now...or say screw it and just get another set of P3's and save all this for the next car maybe... I would like to not build another in this vehicle again, gotta move on to other projects....O and american bass is another company i'm looking into.

sell whats in the car, sell what you have laying around

buy what you are looking at (the 2 sundowns) on that amp (can even step up to about a 2k) get some deadener, a 4 channel amp (i have one in the FS section actually) a decent set of components up front, something for rear fill in the back, some solid wiring along with big three (maybe a small battt) and your good to go

Edited by BeAlLsTaR13

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------

I been thinking about selling it all haha....

I have the knowlege/time and ability to do it all,

I have front and rear components RF Punch line in the car already with 200watt RMS 2channel in front and in rear-10 interior speakers in all--kinda why maybe I might just get two more RF P3's...maybe run 3 of them this time? Oops I have a Triple shared air space sealed 12" box in the closet too I forgot to mention

I have never ever looked into these brands until recently:

RE-Sundown-DC-DD-Lanzar

So basically If anyone has experience with these I'd like to know how they compaire to specifically Rockford Fosgates P3 and T1 as well as JL's W6v2 and Pioneers TSW 3000 (sorry I'm not sure the exact model but they are in a box already in the backseat of a mustang sitting in storage

And currently two people are trying to sell me something worth building off of

RF T1D4 12"-2 $400

2 Sundown SA-12's with a Soundstream amp in a ported box supposedly tuned in the low 30's with a the trx 1500 and a 139 ah c&d battery-100lbs by itself..not really wanting that though...asking 500obo prob offer like 350 for subs and amp maybe 400, but will I be dissappointed...when compaired with the others...maybe a Z series sundown? like I said I just never heard them or know anyone who has, I would like to order subs over the weekend or next week at latest.

From what I've learn about Caps from this forum, Ditch the Cap you have in your car and replace it with an extra battery.

I am...I just had It in a box I scavenged through 2 months ago when I had to rip everything out because my trunk leaked....I am probably going to replace the main battery with a deep cycle and add a kinetic battery in the trunk