Sonic Electronix

But yeah, like these guys said, some amps can't run under 12 volts so if she's dippin under 12 the amp will kill itself to save itself

You should perform the big 3, that might be just enough to stop it from cutting out :/ otherwise you should look into wiring a battery in the trunk. that will at least keep the voltage up long enough and not drain your car (unless you play full tilt everywhere you go)

I'd definitely look into running some 0 gauge from your alternator + to battery + and from you battery - to engine block ground and also from battery - to chassis. Will improve your current flow and will take off whatever strain that is on your alternator and maybe you could even keep the same amp. Before anything I'd look into doing the Big 3

how do i test voltage drop before i buy another amp? positive to negative with a multimeter set to appropiate setting?

use a voltmeter on the amp and measure the voltage. mine gets about 11.5 volts but still runs. see what it's at now and get back to us. it it's still a good voltage then you want to look at another solution. how is your ground? is it sanded down really well?

But yeah, like these guys said, some amps can't run under 12 volts so if she's dippin under 12 the amp will kill itself to save itself

You should perform the big 3, that might be just enough to stop it from cutting out :/ otherwise you should look into wiring a battery in the trunk. that will at least keep the voltage up long enough and not drain your car (unless you play full tilt everywhere you go)

The ONLY problem with adding an extra battery is adding more strain to the alternator..but the safest bet is to do the Big 3

you need pos on alt to pos to battery. neg from batt to frame or strut tower. then another neg from batt to engine. and if you like overkill. another neg to your alt bracket

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

how nessesary is batt to engine? the batt is all the way in the trunk..not a fun job for a car i only want for a year...where do i get the 0 gauge?

I know the feeling man..mine is under the back seat.. But generally when you start changin OEM wiring you want it all to be the same size. Just go to www.Audiotechnix.com and order 20 feet of their 1/0 gauge CCA power wire and that should do you up real nice

i dont even know how much power your running and if you even need 0 gauge. but that doesnt mean 0 gauge isnt good. its always better to have overkill when it comes to your electrical.

so yeah i would say its important. yeah it sucks, but you need to have very good grounds. no point in trying to do something if your not going to do it right

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

i dont even know how much power your running and if you even need 0 gauge. but that doesnt mean 0 gauge isnt good. its always better to have overkill when it comes to your electrical.

so yeah i would say its important. yeah it sucks, but you need to have very good grounds. no point in trying to do something if your not going to do it right

Bingo