Second Skin Audio

Planning My Rebuild: 6th Order 2 DC 18s and 7k watts

mrd6

So, I have been thinking about doing this rebuild for awhile now and want to see if i can get some input from a few people with knowledge on 6th orders to see if I am on the right track with this. I will start building at the end of this season to hopefully be completely finished next winter or fall.

The plan is to do a 6th order b-pillar wall in my current car (build in sig) with 2 18s and about 7k in power. The plan is to build it and use my current m1 xls and then pick up a second sundown 3500 for power wiring each 18 to .7, one for each amp. Then if the xls seem to be struggling with the power I may upgrade to the m2 lvl 5s when they come out or fi sp4s we will see.

Anyways, the ratios I am thinking about right now are 5.5 cubes rear per each 18 with a single 6" aero tuned around 26hz and then about 9 cubes per 18 tuned to ~53 starting with alot of port around 375 and an adjustable front port so i can play with that a bit.

Im hoping for this to be a demoing music machine that will be able to do mid 150s for comps and such.

What do you guys think?

Team NorthWestSPL

Archived