Sonic Electronix

I'v installed a RCA "LOC" in my car yesterday, simpily because I dont want to replace the stock HU.

Im running an SA 12 on an AQ 2200D at 1ohm and it sounds great......Untill i try to play anything below 40 hz, The sub does not even move on the lowzz but anything above that it is at full excursion.

Anyway i am pulling my signal for the loc off of my rear door speakers and i was thinking maby they were crossed around 50hz and that was the reason i cant play my beloved low notes.

All settins on the AQ are correct, subsonic is set below tuning on the box...Which is 29hz.

Also this car has a stock amp running the infinity sound system.

Anyone ever ran into somthing like this????

Thanks- Nick

there is prolly something like a high pass filter on the stock amp thats not playing thoes lower fz. thus not giving the signal to the loc. if that makes any sence lol IDK just what im thinking it is. hope it helps

I ran into the same problem,... My stock HU band passes the signals to each pair of drivers... Do you have some 6x9's in the rear deck? Maybe they are receiving a low(er) signal you could pull from..

Edited by KyLar96

Good luck bro,... That signal has me worried as well,.... I don't see their engineers having a sub freq coming from the front image... I know mine wasn't even close...Maybe im wrong,... nothing more damn annoying than know your missing out.... im still having a few issues ..

I would probably sweep the fronts, or "tone" them and see if its worth the work first... but,.. up to you....

Edited by KyLar96