Sonic Electronix

Its user error speakers voice coil even tweets don't just burn up and smell for no resone to much power clipping or to much distortion you are guilty of one of those

I have kappa componets in my old school ride over 4 years no blown tweets and I play em LOUD

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Its user error speakers voice coil even tweets don't just burn up and smell for no resone to much power clipping or to much distortion you are guilty of one of those

I have kappa componets in my old school ride over 4 years no blown tweets and I play em LOUD

You're completely right, I noticed that my mid bass speakers didnt sound so clear, looked through my radio's settings and turned off the internal amp and set gain at 25%. It made a night and day difference, probably some of the cleanest sound I've heard from door speakers even with my tweets gone. Hopefully once I get a new set this doesn't happen again but without a DD-1 or O-scope there's not much I can do to prevent it. Where do you recommend I purchase a DD-1?

Edited by ShockStruck

Ha beat me to the punch, as i was reading this I was wondering if by normal you meant amp output to speaker input + speaker output from deck(stock wires) also still attatched...

The way I use mine as I have the same amp(ZX350.4) is just wires from amp to speakers and stock wiring unplugged so that extra 35w from deck isn't being sent to the speakers also lol.. I say this because i also blew a pair of Kappa 6x9's same model well except for size but also 2ohm it sounded nice until one just went out haha. And mine are in for repair/exchange now..

Anyways good thing you figures it out before your other ones got in and the same happened again..

Under Construction

2011 Malibu 1LT

12k DDM Tuning HID's 55W

Soundstream 6.5 components(front)

Inffinitty Kappa 6x9's (rear)

Ha beat me to the punch, as i was reading this I was wondering if by normal you meant amp output to speaker input + speaker output from deck(stock wires) also still attatched...

The way I use mine as I have the same amp(ZX350.4) is just wires from amp to speakers and stock wiring unplugged so that extra 35w from deck isn't being sent to the speakers also lol.. I say this because i also blew a pair of Kappa 6x9's same model well except for size but also 2ohm it sounded nice until one just went out haha. And mine are in for repair/exchange now..

Anyways good thing you figures it out before your other ones got in and the same happened again..

My factory wiring is unplugged in the front but in my rears I'm acually still running stock speakers ran from headunit power until I can get enough cash for some decent rears(thinking Infinity Kappa 5x7 coaxials or some Polk Dxi 5x7 coaxials), I guess running the rears from the internal amp caused distortion as I was also using the RCA outputs ran to my amplifier. Upon disabling the internal amp, the distortion in my components dissappeared. I wish you the best of luck with your replacement/ installation, and thank you everybody for all your suggestions/help, they for sure helped me narrow down my problem and fix it.