SKAR FTW!

I was a little disappointed at first with my VVX-12... It hit hard but not as hard as I expected on my 500 watt amp... well after I found that I was ACTUALLY underpowering the sub and giving it 275wrms max, I was very surprised with it's efficency. I just wish that I had given it the proper amount of power now lol

yeah good power is a must

William - Metter,Ga. Dad, Self Installer/Fabricator & Repair Tech, Weightlifter, Motivator,

Team SKAR Audio Captain, Team Deadly Hertz Georgia Leader
99 Toyota 4Runner SR5, "Rolling Thunder"
Daily Driven, No Wall, C-Pillar Build, BASS LIFE!
2K16 SBN MECA Park and Pound DB3 Champion
2K16 SBN ISPLL Real SPL Class F Champion
Second Skin Damplifier Pro, Kenwood eXcelon KDC X498, Clarion EQ, Knukonceptz RCA's
The Big 3, Sky High Car Audio OFC & Kicker Hyperflex Silver Tinned 1/0 Gauge
Singer 340a Alt, Northstar NSB-AGM31, SMSAGM480, 12 NessCaps Super Caps
Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty Line Driver, The Oval Port Tuned To 31 Hz, CNC Machined
4 SKAR ZVXv2 D2 15's, 2 SKAR SK-4500.1's, 4 SKAR PAX 6.5's, 2 SKAR LP-80.4's

SKAR_468x60.jpg

MEMBER OF THE YEAR 2013
16018870_large.jpg
If you don't have any haters, get some, best motivation there is...

SKAR FTW!

I was a little disappointed at first with my VVX-12... It hit hard but not as hard as I expected on my 500 watt amp... well after I found that I was ACTUALLY underpowering the sub and giving it 275wrms max, I was very surprised with it's efficency. I just wish that I had given it the proper amount of power now lol

yeah good power is a must

never buying an amp on craigslist again, most people don't know their shit and they just buy whatever someone tells them to SMH

got a lil bit done today. im damn sure paying for it now thow. fat boys, high 90 degree temps, and bright sunlight dont mix. but i got 1 of the double baffles cut out today and set it in just to make sure its all good. nothing mounted in yet.

lower V braces in

314852_390236297702094_1299085727_n.jpg

left double baffle set in temporarily to check the fit

283741_390236194368771_1836051247_n.jpg

and fat boy (me) sweating his ass off out in the sun

599435_390235961035461_800346277_n.jpg

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

I may have to feed off your motivation, I have a 3 day break for the holiday so i should do something. That baffle looks killer btw And this also make me wish my astro van hadn't given up the ghost. I guess 250k miles was to much for it. It still ran but just had far too many issues, those 4.3's are bulletproof..

yeah theyr pretty dam tough. minrs got like 160k on it and only problems i had with it was 2 water pumps (cheap autozone shit), a new coil, and a tune up. nothing really major thank god. theyr such a bitch to work on. spark plus are REALLY fun to change omfg. =@

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

Nice work Darrell. Your van is going to be a monster! lol

Ahhh... Astros. Not so bad to work on as long as you don't mind getting scratches and cuts on every finger and all over your forearms! Wankers to work on. And at 250k miles, they are just getting going. :D haha

In that last pic, you look like a kid in a candy store! hahaha!

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

nope thats a fat boy bout to wipe a shit ton of sweat off his face. my shirt was so wet when i took it off i had to peel it off lol. screw these damn high 90 degree temps they suck man. it hasnt been this hot around here in a long time i mean years. if it wasnt so hot lately id probly have it done and pissing the neighbors off by now

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

got the left side double baffle put int and mounted. also got the right side all cut out and almost ready to go in. i got 2 braces put on the left wall so far but its still far from finished

0709121516.jpg

2x4 at the port exit to stiffen it up a little bit

0709121516a.jpg

and got brace? we do now. wasnt playin this tine she got lag bolts holding the braces to the walls and its bolted threw the 2x2's with a 3 inch bolt and lock nut

0709121516b.jpg

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

looks pretty beefy,that bolt is almost as big as the 2x2 is wide, nice and strong :detail:

My current 95 Jetta Build w/

pioneer h/u

2 RD Sonance 10's with flatwind coils

2 Audiopipe apsm 1500.1s

1 Hifonics Brutus Elite 60x4

1 XS d925

1 Stinger spv35

1 1000 amp lead acid

50 ft of 0/1 ofc from Audiotechnix

all powerbass components, and coaxils, 4 sets

buildlog = http://www.stevemead...2-rd-10s-build/

My build for my wife. http://www.stevemead...01-f-150-build/