Sonic Electronix

rockford fosgate line driver. dual t1500-1bd

Since the t1500bds dnt have a master slave feature. An you have to match gains. Could the Rockford line driver set gain on both amp while rca are ran pass thru and the gain on both amps are at a min.... Tryn to get the best result of two amps on one sub.

No, Setting the gains at minimum then turning up your line driver will raise some issues.

1. You will most likely introduce clipping since the line driver will be at a higher voltage output than your amps gain is set at.

2. You have no way of knowing if your line driver is clipping at any given setting.

I found with my ep2x i can only turn the output up so far even with a perfectly clean input before it clipped. (after all it is just another amplifier)

I believe if you could borrow a clamp meter from someone and a Digital multi-meter you could clamp both amps to get the same output. The problems with clipping will remain unless you have access to an oscilloscope or a dd-1, then you could clamp. But if you could get a cc-1 then you could match gains with it too. I will link to a map of people who have tools like these. Maybe someone in your area has what you need.

SMD Tools Locator

Archived