6x9's in a box

if I put my 6x9's in a box rather than free air, would it emphasize the mid-bass and bring it back? or would it make it sound shitty?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_43766_Kenwood-KFC-6994PS.html

A box could help with lower freq. 500 and below. Give it a shot. I would imagine in between .25 and .75 cubes would be more than adequate.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

what happened was i had my 6x9's mounted in stock position in the rear deck, over the trunk, and my kenwood subs would shake the 6x9's like crazy every time they hit, with vibration / air movement.. so they're kinda exhausted for midbass and bass, and also distort really easily now unless I have them set above 80hz on the deck

thx for the feedback i'll be trying a box, i can let u know if u like

BTW i see u have a 98 malibu, any problems with midbass drowning out in your car? my car is a '03 malibu, I've read a few places that the car design itself can remove midbass from music

I have a 10" in my doors so yeah I have a ton of midbass. I can tell you that my eq has been turned down at 125 and 315hz. I have a pretty big peak in that freq area. This is a good thing though. I would rather eq it down then have to boost it if I didn't have enough.

Edited by TheScottishBear

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

if I put my 6x9's in a box rather than free air, would it emphasize the mid-bass and bring it back? or would it make it sound shitty?

http://www.sonicelec...KFC-6994PS.html

i have a 98 malibu and i can tell you the acoustics of this car body are lousy , and i have noticed the same thing you have with the subs raising hell with the 6x9's in the rear deck , boxes are not a bad idea , but i would like to try baffles for the by9's

i have a 98 malibu and i can tell you the acoustics of this car body are lousy , and i have noticed the same thing you have with the subs raising hell with the 6x9's in the rear deck , boxes are not a bad idea , but i would like to try baffles for the by9's

I tried those plastic scorpion baffles off of sonicelectronix... they didn't do much, did stop a little bit of air movement but still vibrated like crazy. did you notice in the malibu with the subs facing the rear, it raises the pitch of the bass? if that's the right term for it idk

I tried those plastic scorpion baffles off of sonicelectronix... they didn't do much, did stop a little bit of air movement but still vibrated like crazy. did you notice in the malibu with the subs facing the rear, it raises the pitch of the bass? if that's the right term for it idk

i was thinking of the foam baffles , but if they didn't seem to help , you could take and paint on some resin and fiberglass them make them solid .