5 1/4" mids/ highs

Jordan Guess

Ive got a decent budget for a 1999 Jeep Cherokee and am doing a complete system rebuild so if anybody has any extra input on what I should do, that would be much appreciated; the budget is $1000. I just put in a older version of a pioneer deck that I had laying around (still works great with front aux hook up.) Now that Ive got the deck in, the stock speakers are completely shot. They are all 5 1/4" speakers (2 mounted on the roof in the back, and 2 on the front door panels). I was hoping for something that got down into more of the mids and maybe decently low? while keeping the front stage more in the highs and mids. If anyone has input on good 5 1/4" speakers that would be great! Thanks. As far as what I am doing for subs, I have no idea. I just measured out the dimensions and they came out to 20" height x 35" width x 8" top depth" x 15" bottom depth. Torres says that that is 4.84 cu ft Net but fosgate's site said it was like 3.8 or something? What would you guys do for subs and amp, mids/highs with that space and budget? your help is much appreciated, thanks!

Archived