I just picked up a 97 Jetta, and I have a slight problem that I could use you guys' help with. I would like to do another system in this car, BUT, I'm having a baby in two weeks. My girlfriend doesn't have a car, so my Jetta is our family vehicle. Which means building a box that fills the whole trunk isn't really something I can do. So the idea I've come up with, is to put two 8"s or 10"s in the rear deck, with a box underneath them so it just takes up the back of the trunk. I can pull out the rear speakers and port the box through the holes where the speakers currently are. Does this sound like an ok idea? Would it work? Would I be better off going with this idea but just making it a sealed box?

Here's a few pics of what I'm working with: http://imgur.com/a/DKeOB

I think that could work there are plenty of people that could help you design the box but what subs are you thinking or whats your budget for subs that will help alot in the design process and dimensions of the area you want to fit the box in helps to.

!999.5 Volkswagen Jetta

1 Planet Audio BIg Bang 15

Powerbass 1500,1