Sonic Electronix

Have a few questions regarding my setup

where is the amp grounded to. does the metal where the wire lug is bolted to have all the paint sanded off so that its nice and shiny?

where did you get it used from?

where is the amp grounded to. does the metal where the wire lug is bolted to have all the paint sanded off so that its nice and shiny?

where did you get it used from?

The amp is grounded to the trunk body, paint is sanded completely.

I traded some guy on craigslist for it. The amp has never went into protection mode and appears cosmetically in good condition, although, the guy that sold it to me said that he blew a pair of 6x9's with it

trunk body? like the side of the trunk or the floor? that doesnt really appear to be a good ground to be honest.

class ab amps always run hot. as long as it doesn't go into protect i dont really see a problem with the temperature.

do you have the mid or high settings on the eq on your headunit up at all?

trunk body? like the side of the trunk or the floor? that doesnt really appear to be a good ground to be honest.

class ab amps always run hot. as long as it doesn't go into protect i dont really see a problem with the temperature.

do you have the mid or high settings on the eq on your headunit up at all?

Everything on the headunit is 0 and the internal amplifier is disabled

Amp is grounded to the side of the trunk but since that isn't a very good ground, where do you suggest I ground it? The amp if currently mounted on the back of my rear seats so I'd like to ground it somewhere in that area

rear strut tower bolt will work great. does the amp get good ventilation being mounted on the back seats?

edit: no, self tapping screws arent better. bolting is best.

Edited by Kranny