Jump to content

Chuchs - The " Mad Flex CRX " Build Log ( 1991 Honda CRX TUNED LOW )


Recommended Posts

Posted

good work so far I've always liked the crx wouldn't mind owning one but can never seem to find one in decent shape for a decent price.

Thanks man, I was considering getting another 12" XXX because I really love how the driver performs but the only thing im not impressed with is the price of getting another one. In the right box running both common chamber & a single massive or 2 larger aero ports with another ground pounder amp might propell me into the 148s-149 range tops im thinking. I had also considered trying a single 18" XXX as well haha. Time will tell what happens, original plan was single sundown z18v3 or sundown nightshade 18 or 4 mid line 12s on a pair of these amplifiers strapped. Only time will tell which direction the build goes...

sounds like the same boat I was in when I found the car. Seemed like a decent price including 2 sets of rims both with brand new tires & fairly lows KM on the unit for a 1991. I seen it come up for sale for 1,500 told the lady I would bring her 1,300 cash & she accepted. She was terrified of winter driving after putting that small ding in the front fender so it hadnt been driven in winter for 3 years she said haha. Before owning this car I ALWAYS dreamed about getting one!

Posted

crx's do get loud easy but like you said anybody can make a 60hz box and fart some tones..i prefer the 20hz to 36 38 hz range.. anything above gets annoying

i sure do miss my 1991 crx i had that little thing doing 147s legal at like 35hz (i think) and with minimal equipment.. with 250lbs of audio i still got mid 30mpg lol

Posted

Alright guys, here are the update pics I promised. Had to go out to buy a sd-usb stick to get the pics off the camera!

Dont mind all the dust in the pics haha, I live down a dirt road & things get pretty dusty quick down here!

Old stock alternator POS 12v 60 amps LOL -

579937_10151017803631343_779200681_n.jpg

294898_10151017803971343_192857504_n.jpg

New High Output alt 14.4 volts 180 amp -

228300_10150238999016343_7007026_n.jpg

Nice huge length of 2/0 welding cable to upgrade ALL wiring with -

392415_10150988768436343_970098097_n.jpg

Enough terminals to do 4/5 of the wire upgrades under the hood & wing nut battery terminals -

600992_10151017872596343_523208269_n.jpg

Wasnt enough terminals so picked up another 8 to finish the job -

182336_10151017873076343_28505206_n.jpg

4/5 under hood wires completed & compared to the POS stock wires -

601288_10151017872846343_1516442685_n.jpg

5/5 under hood wiring upgrade completed engine view, also cold air intake system that was installed a while ago -

( pos+neg direct leads from front battery to the back of car )

180215_10151017804441343_217539035_n.jpg

Close up battery view, still using the stock battery. Need to buy myseld a nice half size battery to fit the stock location -

198324_10151017801556343_241439065_n.jpg

Front door pods completed & painted some door parts red to match -

603085_10151017802096343_113215397_n.jpg

206158_10151017802551343_1003502768_n.jpg

389231_10151017802851343_6867503_n.jpg

598720_10151017803211343_1174310726_n.jpg

Crunch gp-3000dpro Installed -

527818_10151017801786343_1739509792_n.jpg

Complete rear view of back pods, amplifier & enclosure -

196155_10151017801256343_1184710455_n.jpg

Working on editing a new video with included is metering the setup again after all electrical upgrades have been done.

Will be uploading this video ASAP!

Posted

Just a video showing the setup after upgrading the electrical ( wiring & high output alt ) The setup still needs a pair of batteries in the back before the electrical is right up to par & completed. Probably the last video you will see of this setup, in just over 3 weeks is a local show & after the show im going to be removing the woofer to sell after I bring it along to give some demos with. Rebuilding the sub stage going a different route. I had alot of fun with this sub & for a single 12" woofer it a BEAST on the LOWS PERIOD!

Metering the setup, showing it hit 144.5, 144.9 then finally 145db @ 34hz, showing it shake some stuff inside my house when parked outside, showing some more flex in the rain, some shirt movement, giving myself a small hairtrick on my short hair LOL & giving the girlfriend a small hairtrick at the end of the video. I hope you guys enjoyed seeing the 12" RE Audio XXX substage build, but in a month its onto somthing to propel me closer to 150db range at low 30hz! I know a part of me is gonna miss this woofer tho if I choose to sell it because it is BEAST MODE! If I cant let her go, im gonna build a nice big subwoofer enclosure to use inside my home studio.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8566 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...