Sonic Electronix

JL13W7 What is the Largest Ported Air Volume you "Successfully" Used?

We are building a ground pounder 2002 suburban and have the enclosure modeled for 6.5 Cu.ft. Net with 72 Sq. Inches of port area 18" long. It will be for two 13W7's running off of two JL 1000/1's. Although on term pro, this seems to be the best plot for these subs for parking lot pounding style bass- I'd like to here how big others have gone on the enclosure and porting without it sounding like total mud. Let me know how much air space you used, port area/ depth, power amps, vehicle, and of course... what were your results? Always interesting to hear what others have done that was outside the box... and that worked :detail:

Thanks in advance!

Retired Head of Technical Support Orion Car Audio (Phx), Designer of SEMA best of show XTANT Escalade, Overall Audio Addict

Im building a 4th order box right now for 2 jl audio 13w7's.

2.25 sealed net

3.5 ported net

110 sq inch port area

22.5" long

Got the specs from jl audio technical services, they said it modeled well from 31hz-90hz.

Let me know how it turns out and post some build pics:) I had thought about building a 6th order for them since I have the space.

Retired Head of Technical Support Orion Car Audio (Phx), Designer of SEMA best of show XTANT Escalade, Overall Audio Addict

that's a small 4th order, but that's just my .02

#teamihop

Two 12 inch DC XL's

Carbon Fiber Cap

Stetsom 7k

Shell of box / baffle built by me

Port / sealing the box by John Hone

Fuck midrange

Alpine-9886

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177428-97jettas-sql-trunk-wall-loudest-99-buick-century-custom-with-a-one-legged-owner/

price has no influence on how something sounds

I told him to move the fucking port.

they see me hoppin they stoppin they can't believe im so white and dirty

It looks like you got so drunk, that someone came up and stole your leg.

that's a small 4th order, but that's just my .02

Yeah it is small, it has me alittle worried because of the size. This is actually the bigger version they gave me. The smaller version was:

2.0 sealed net

3.0 ported net

100sq inch port area

16 inches long

That would have been tuned to 58hz and i told them it wouldnt work for me so they gave me the second one which is i believe tuned to 52hz.

Archived