Quick question

So im buying a kinetik 1400 in a few weeks to replace my stock battery, and going to do the big 3 on my 2010 lancer as well. Ive seen a lot of pictures of others who have done it, but nobody says about how much wire was required, and i noticed a lot of people replaced the terminals, but i couldnt tell what they did with the stock wiring like this....

OLD

origionalwiring.jpg

NEW

Yellowtopp.jpg

http://forums.evolutionm.net/lancer-how-tos-installations/498777-how-upgrade-big-3-a.html

i have an MRP F300, BRZ1700.1D [being run at 2 ohms] (which i just got back from ocs.com, old one had a short somewhere inside the amp, im thinking cuz i didnt have enough/steady enough power, so im not putting the one that just got here in till this is done...bassless for a month now....).

The stock alternator is a 120A alternator. I plan on addiing an HC1400 and doing my big 3. I figure that should be enough to keep it all running. I know which wires to do, and where they are located...but i cant find anything on how these guys went from what was in the old picture to what was in the new one, or about how much wire they used. I dont wanna get a bunch of extra wire, but i dont want to order to little either.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Would a second battery do me any benefit or would i be fine with just the 1400 under the hood and the big 3? Currently, im only going to have it at 2 ohms, but as soon as i can save up for a new sub, ill probably drop that down to one ohm and im guessing then i will definitely need a second battery.

Or should i leave the stock battery under the hood, and put the kinetic in the back?

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Kinetic HC1400 is on the way to go under my hood. Now i need to buy some wire to do the big 3....but im a broke ass who is at school 30+ hours a week. Do you think just the battery would suffice for a month or so till i can afford wire? I know it isnt very much wire needed, but i really dont have shit for spare cash at the moment. Its just the BRZ1700.1D at 2 ohms and my alpine 4ch being ran at 4 ohms. I would think just the battery would suffice for a bit.

Big 3 isn't done yet, don't have time to work since i'm in class, doing homework, or on the train getting to or from school 40 hours a week, so I don't really have the cash for it, may be able to get my dad to swing me $40 do I cab just get it done. Once that's done I'll be fine, stock alt puts out 120A. I know ideally more batts or a bigger alt would be the choice, but don't have the cash atm

Archived