Sundown Audio

opinions needed, bass boost on crescendo bc3500d

purplesyrup

There is a 45 hz bass boost on the crescendo bc3500d, I know in an aftermarket cd player,, the bass boost is used for low volumes, and you risk damaging speakers trying to run high volumes leaving it on,

Now on the amp, use it or not? will it cause the amp to clip sooner? will it increase clean wattage to the speakers at high volumes? or leave it off, any opinions are greatly appreciated.

My peak hz proved to be at 49hz on the TL, even though 40-42 hz seems to be much more violent, and hurtful

XS-power1.jpg

There is a 45 hz bass boost on the crescendo bc3500d, I know in an aftermarket cd player,, the bass boost is used for low volumes, and you risk damaging speakers trying to run high volumes leaving it on,

Now on the amp, use it or not? will it cause the amp to clip sooner? will it increase clean wattage to the speakers at high volumes? or leave it off, any opinions are greatly appreciated.

My peak hz proved to be at 49hz on the TL, even though 40-42 hz seems to be much more violent, and hurtful

Just don't use the bass boost function....forget it is even there, all it will do is just induce clipping...

And sometimes spl is not a 100% accurate indicator of perceived loudness...I sat in a car with two walled sundown nightshade 18's on a SAZ-3500D that felt like a 154 but only did a 148db at the dash sealed up....So even though you peak at 49hz, 40-42hz is just louder to your ear.

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 v6

2 sundown audio prototype nsv4 15s

crossfire 4k wired to 0.4 ohm

15 banks of maxwell 3.0 caps @ 18v

triple alts (x2 us alt 250's, x1 singer 320)

153 at 23hz

thanks guys, I had it on and noticed quick clipping, and just started thinking about, I have extensive knowledge in this stuff, but am just now getting back into it after a 6-7 years break, and have noticed a huge technology change, so wasn't sure if that had changed also,

thanks again,

40-42 hz in my car is insane for one 12" and have delt with a great amount of ear pain because of it (never had that issue). Ive had many systems from 4 12s 4 15"s, and other high SPL setups and this is a different story, when I competed last weekend it was so odd that the 40-42 hz did not hit the loudest, and as I worked my way up to 50hz, it seemed to get quieter and quieter, but the DBs kept going up. This is the first time that I have time to dedicate time to this fun hobby i've always wanted to partake in, and am still learning about fine tuning to what the TL likes.

But hey, I did pretty good out of a wine barrel with wack tuning lol my peak SPL only clamped at 1200w because my tuning was jank.

XS-power1.jpg

Archived